All reviews full english lovely guesthouse few minutes walk nice breakfast lovely couple plymouth hoe lovely hosts barbican area location is ideal powerful shower lovely room warm welcome ray karen grapefruit drawers theatre
Reviewed August 30, 2015 via mobile

I have been staying at the "Seymour Guest House" for many years through work. I would not go anywhere else. The B&B is located in a beautiful part of Plymouth close to the Hoe & the Barbican. The atmosphere is relaxed. It so clean. But what makes the visit is the owners. They are friendly, accommodating & very professional. The food is fantastic. Nothing bad to say about the Seymour. Thank you so much for all your hospitality its FIRST CLASS.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Michelle P
KazCookie, Owner at Seymour Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2015

Thank you for your lovely review. The fact that you have been happy enough with our services to return over the years is very good to hear. We love it when guests return to us, as it proves that we must be doing something right.
Hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes
From Karen & Ray

Reviewed August 27, 2015

The room was very nice with comfortable bed and fantastic view over the Hoe.
Breakfast was delicious with lots of choice from the menu.
Karen and Ray and a lovely couple and made me very welcome during my stay.
I would recommend this guest house to anyone.

Room tip: Great views over the Hoe and convenient for both the City Centre shopping and the Barbican port.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Wendy B
KazCookie, Owner at Seymour Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2015

Thank you for your lovely review and so glad your enjoyed your few days with us. You must have been in one of front facing rooms as they have views of the Hoe and the Royal Citadel.
We try our best to make our guests feel welcome and hope if you return to Plymouth you will come and stay at The Seymour again.
Kind regards
Karen & Ray

Reviewed August 25, 2015

Most disappointed with this unaccommadating place. The only place to get wifi is down stairs in the breakfast room, no good if you're on the top floor. It boasts spectacular views .....,
All we could see was a tree and some grubby roof tops. The food was average at best.
I gave over 48 hours notice for leaving a day earlier than scheduled, but still was charged FULL PRICE.
They state 2 thirds to be paid if room is unsold.,they told me they didn't try to re let the rooms on our check out.
On my return home my wife called to enquire about a room only to be told they had none free.
I always try to be fair and honest in my reviews unlike these poeple who l feel were not.
I will ot be recommending anyone to go here.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Evz68
KazCookie, Owner at Seymour Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2015

I am sorry that you were unhappy with your stay at our guest house.
Your main complaint seems to be that you stayed 3 nights of a four night booking and were not given a refund for leaving a day early.
Your left early because the job you were working on finished earlier than expected and not because you were unhappy with our services and the large breakfasts you had been given up to that point.
It is clear in our terms and conditions that if you cut short your stay for whatever reason that you have to pay in full for the remainder of your stay.
Also we did not re-let your room, when your wife telephoned to check, we had a room out of action due to a plumbing issue
I think this review was left due to our pursuing of our cancellation policy and think that prospective guests can see from our previous reviews that it is not a reflection of our services.

Reviewed August 18, 2015 via mobile

The guest house is very well positioned for the Barbican and Plymouth Howe. 5 mins by Taxi from the station. The main shopping centre is only a 15 min walk. Karen and Ray are very accommodating and helpful. The Guest House is spotlessly clean and the room I stayed in was very comfortable. The breakfast is excellent. I would highly recommend the Seymour Guest House.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
KazCookie, Owner at Seymour Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2015

Thank you for your lovely review. So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found your room very clean and comfortable. Also that your breakfast was excellent. Ray does most of the cooking and he was very pleased with that remark.
Hope if you are ever in Plymouth again you will choose to stay at the Seymour.
Best wishes
Karen & Ray Cooke

Reviewed August 15, 2015 via mobile

I have been staying here for a few years now and it's great Karen and Ray are extremely nice and welcoming people who make you feel at home very good price and great breakfast and is also a great location for going out to eat or drink as it is a two minute walk from the Barbican or town will definitely be staying there again.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank so much for your lovely review and so pleased that you have chosen to stay with us over several years. We like to know that we are friendly hosts and that guests feel at home and comfortable at our guest house.
Hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes from Karen & Ray