Seymour Guest House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Plymouth
See available hotels
Good 3.5/5
    Good 3.5/5
    • Pool
    Very Good 4/5
    All reviewsb bvariety of teaslovely ownersfull englishlovely guesthouselovely coupleplymouth hoebarbican areaperfect hostsfew minutes walkpowerful showerbrilliant locationlovely roomnice breakfastwarm welcomecomfy bedgood size
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

I have been staying at the "Seymour Guest House" for many years through work. I would not go anywhere else. The B&B is located in a beautiful part of Plymouth close to the Hoe & the Barbican. The atmosphere is relaxed. It so clean. But what makes the visit is the owners. They are friendly, accommodating & very professional. The food is fantastic. Nothing bad to say about the Seymour. Thank you so much for all your hospitality its FIRST CLASS.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
    1  Thank Michelle P
    KazCookie, Owner at Seymour Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2015

Thank you for your lovely review. The fact that you have been happy enough with our services to return over the years is very good to hear. We love it when guests return to us, as it proves that we must be doing something right.
    Hope to see you again soon.
    Best wishes
    From Karen & Ray

Reviewed 27 August 2015

The room was very nice with comfortable bed and fantastic view over the Hoe.
    Breakfast was delicious with lots of choice from the menu.
    Karen and Ray and a lovely couple and made me very welcome during my stay.
    I would recommend this guest house to anyone.

Room Tip: Great views over the Hoe and convenient for both the City Centre shopping and the Barbican port.
    • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
    1  Thank Wendy B
    KazCookie, Owner at Seymour Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2015

Thank you for your lovely review and so glad your enjoyed your few days with us. You must have been in one of front facing rooms as they have views of the Hoe and the Royal Citadel.
    We try our best to make our guests feel welcome and hope if you return to Plymouth you will come and stay at The Seymour again.
    Kind regards
    Karen & Ray

Reviewed 25 August 2015

Most disappointed with this unaccommadating place. The only place to get wifi is down stairs in the breakfast room, no good if you're on the top floor. It boasts spectacular views .....,
    All we could see was a tree and some grubby roof tops. The food was average at best.
    I gave over 48 hours notice for leaving a day earlier than scheduled, but still was charged FULL PRICE.
    They state 2 thirds to be paid if room is unsold.,they told me they didn't try to re let the rooms on our check out.
    On my return home my wife called to enquire about a room only to be told they had none free.
    I always try to be fair and honest in my reviews unlike these poeple who l feel were not.
    I will ot be recommending anyone to go here.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
    KazCookie, Owner at Seymour Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2015

I am sorry that you were unhappy with your stay at our guest house.
    Your main complaint seems to be that you stayed 3 nights of a four night booking and were not given a refund for leaving a day early.
    Your left early because the job you were working on finished earlier than expected and not because you were unhappy with our services and the large breakfasts you had been given up to that point.
    It is clear in our terms and conditions that if you cut short your stay for whatever reason that you have to pay in full for the remainder of your stay.
    Also we did not re-let your room, when your wife telephoned to check, we had a room out of action due to a plumbing issue
    I think this review was left due to our pursuing of our cancellation policy and think that prospective guests can see from our previous reviews that it is not a reflection of our services.

Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

The guest house is very well positioned for the Barbican and Plymouth Howe. 5 mins by Taxi from the station. The main shopping centre is only a 15 min walk. Karen and Ray are very accommodating and helpful. The Guest House is spotlessly clean and the room I stayed in was very comfortable. The breakfast is excellent. I would highly recommend the Seymour Guest House.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
    KazCookie, Owner at Seymour Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

Thank you for your lovely review. So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found your room very clean and comfortable. Also that your breakfast was excellent. Ray does most of the cooking and he was very pleased with that remark.
    Hope if you are ever in Plymouth again you will choose to stay at the Seymour.
    Best wishes
    Karen & Ray Cooke

Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

I have been staying here for a few years now and it's great Karen and Ray are extremely nice and welcoming people who make you feel at home very good price and great breakfast and is also a great location for going out to eat or drink as it is a two minute walk from the Barbican or town will definitely be staying there again.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business

Thank so much for your lovely review and so pleased that you have chosen to stay with us over several years. We like to know that we are friendly hosts and that guests feel at home and comfortable at our guest house.
    Hope to see you again soon.
    Best wishes from Karen & Ray