All reviews full english lovely guesthouse few minutes walk nice breakfast lovely couple plymouth hoe lovely hosts barbican area location is ideal powerful shower lovely room warm welcome ray karen grapefruit drawers theatre
Reviewed November 5, 2017

Stayed at the Seymour Guest House for one night after visiting the theatre. Lovely stay, comfy beds, homely room. Good selection of teas and coffees. Had a good nights sleep and then a nice breakfast. Thanks Karen and Ray who are lovely hosts.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
KazCookie, Owner at Seymour Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Thank you for you kind review. I am glad you thought our beds were comfy and that you had a good nights sleep. When Ray and I go away ourselves we notice what the beds are like as you need to be comfortable and we are put off if the beds and pillows are not good.
Hope if you are in Plymouth again you will choose the Seymour.

Reviewed September 17, 2017

This is our 3rd stay with Karen and Ray in this beautiful Guest house overlooking the hoe, Karen and Ray look after you very well from the time you check in until the time you leave, nothing is too much trouble. We have stayed in room 4 twice now a lovely room with all facitilles you need, exceptional powerful shower with constant hot water. The breakfast is good really tasty bacon, with Karen always asking if you would like a top up of toast or hot drinks. A lovely couple always around for a chat with you at breakfast and always a smile on their faces. Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KazCookie, Owner at Seymour Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2017

Really great that this is your third visit to the Seymour as returning guests are a good indication that we are doing things OK. We like it that we get to know our guests and that they feel comfortable with our hospitality.
Thank you for the lovely review and hope you have more stays at our guest house.
Best wishes from Karen and Ray

Reviewed September 15, 2017

Seymour guest house everything you could wish for in a B&B very clean well appointed room (No 4), Great breakfast, full English or Continental. The Seymour is situated close to the famous Plymouth Hoe and Barbican area with numerous bars and restaurants all within a 5 minute walk. £5 Taxi ride or less from Plymouth train and bus stations its is very easy to reach. The B&B has a few steps at the main entrance and to various levels within the house so may not be suitable for those with mobility issues. Well worth a visit for a warm welcome from your hosts.

Room tip: Room 4 has a limited view of the Hoe park this is not an issue as there is so much to see in the area you won't want to be stuck inside.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review and for the information on our location and access as it is really helpful to other readers when looking for somewhere to stay.
Great that you thought we are clean and do a great breakfast.
We hope if you return to Plymouth you will choose us again.
Karen & Ray

Reviewed August 26, 2017

Just back from 3 days at Seymour. Bed & pillow really comfortable, it was great to be able to open the window fully. Breakfast was just fab. Fresh strawberries, blueberries, orange segments, grapefruit, prunes. Several choices of cereal, plus juices. Full English breakfast. Karen & Ray, perfect hosts. The house is within a few minutes walk of the shopping centre and the Hoe.
For £32.00 single you'd be hard pressed to find better value for money.
This is now the only place I would stay in Plymouth.
Thank you both for my lovely stay.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
KazCookie, Owner at Seymour Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Thank you for the lovely review and really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We felt so disheartened after recently receiving a bad review, but we have to remember that we have so many lovely ones and we do get so many repeat guests.
Loved that you thought our breakfasts were fab.
Hope to see you again next time you are in Plymouth.
Karen & Ray

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Afraid I have to give this guesthouse a low score due to the poor quality of sleep I had. Unfortunately a section of the front double I was in had been used to enlarge the single and I presume a stud wall put in place. I could hear my neighbours every move in detail, including opening drawers and I now know he sleeps with the telly on. I did send a txt late at night incase someone was up and there were earplugs to had, although I didn't realistically expect any action at that time of night, the message or an enquiry about my nights sleep was never made.

Besides this quite critical issue, the room was cramped but very clean with most items required supplied. The breakfast was adequate, full English with toast, ceral, fruit etc. Ray and Karen provided a friendly welcome and obviously take pride in running their establishment

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
KazCookie, Owner at Seymour Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

I feel quite upset and really sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay at our guest house. Unfortunately I didn't read your text as it was sent in the early hours of the morning and I did not notice it until several days later.
We have had extra soundproofing installed between the rooms but if we have a noisy guest, especially one that is inconsiderate and has the TV on at that time of night, then the noise does travel. I am not sure why you did not mention it the next day though or why your breakfast was only adequate.
The size of the rooms is determined by the fact that we are a tall slim Victorian building, but I hope at least you thought £42 including breakfast was a good price for a double en-suite room for 1 person.