Jurys Inn Plymouth(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$56
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$62/night.

US$153
Rusty Anchor(Plymouth)
US$91
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe penthouseholiday innthe marco pierre white restaurantthe club loungetop floorexecutive roomcar parkchocolate barmpw restaurantlarge carshower screennice poolsuper king bedmassive roommini fridgesteam room and saunatiny bathroom
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As a Spire member my husband and I stay in all sorts of IHG hotels around the world. Can honestly say this is up there with the best. Location superb. Room comfortable and nicely decorated. View from our room on the 9th floor to die for, across Plymouth Hoe. Most of all the friendliness and helpfulness of all staff we came into contact with was top notch. We ate at the Marco Pierre White restaurant and again, service and quality faultless. I have no vested interest in this hotel or group and am a discerning customer, but have no hesitation in recommending this as a 5 star customer service and experience.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
operations763, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear galeyjoy,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Plymouth.

It is important that our guests provide feedback on their time with us, highlighting areas in which we excel and those which require attention, allowing us to review and refine our services to ultimately exceed expectations at all times.

I am delighted to read you found your time with us to be so pleasant with many highlights including our stunning views, wonderful Marco Pierre White Steahouse Bar & Grill and of course the wonderful team.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you both back again on your next visit to our wonderful city.

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

At first I pick this hotel is because it’s only IHG property around the area and it’s look close to most attractions. And I wasn’t wrong about the location at all. It’s next to The Hoe and a short walk to the Barbican, about 5 mins walk. And I believe the city centre is just a short walk too but I did not get a chance to explore the city centre as I spend most of the time around the Hoe and the Barbican area.
As I’m traveling with kids, I decided to pay slight more to have the executive king room. I think they have a super king bed as it seem to be much bigger than the one I have at home. The sofa bed is very comfortable compared with other sofa bed I been to. The room look brand new, possibly recently renovated. I don’t like the design of bathroom. They are definitely not suitable for family with young kids. First they only have a fixed shower and those shower where it’s half glass and half open. It so difficult to shower your kids without getting yourself or bathroom wet. The other thing I don’t like about the room is the gigantic air conditioning/heating. There is instructions on how to use it but I can’t see which is which buttons. I had to ask someone to turn it on. And the worst thing about it is that is make intermittent loud noise.
The benefits of having the executive room is you have access to the club lounge. It’s on the penthouse floor where the MPW restaurant is located. In the club lounge you get unlimited soft drink and crisps throughout the day (until around 10.30pm). In the morning they also serve continental breakfast and in the evening they serve light snack and have the alcohol fridge available. They also have some board games available.
I think the parking price is reasonable given its location but definitely not for faint heart or someone with big car or van. The space is really small especially at corners. I was driving behind a Land Rover and he have to reverse at corners just to make sure he got enough space to go through.
Overall it’s a great hotel and I would definitely recommend it. In fact I’m planning my next trip to the hotel already.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank KimWee_13

Dear KimWee_13,

I am delighted to read you found your time with us to be so pleasant with many highlights.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to our wonderful city.

Reviewed June 8, 2018

Firstly, don't use the post code on the website. You end up in a car park. When you do find it. It's down a back street. They have a car park, but it is VERY small and not for the faint hearted. They charge the earth for using it, but don't warn you. The room itself was ok. The bed is HUGE about 8 feet ide, but not that comfortable. You have to sit on the bed to watch the TV, and that is very uncomfortable, and a stupid idea. There was a sofa/bed in sofa mode, but sitting on a porcupine would have been more comfortable.We had room service, the food was good, but they charge you about a fiver PER VISIT. All in all not impressed. We were booked in for two nights, but only stayed for one.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else...
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Barry C

Dear Barry C,

I am disappointed to read you found your time with us to be below your expectations with the cost of our car parking, room service tray charge and bedding / furnishings being uncomfortable.

Our car parking charges at £7.50 per night, are reviewed constantly in line with local competition and are found to be competitive in our market, the hotels website clearly states the charge of parking at the hotel to allow guests decide in advance if they wish to avail of the service of find alternative parking off site.

A tray charge is charged on rooms service orders in line with the standard procedure amongst Crowne Plaza properties throughout the UK and our price once again is competitive both within the Crowne Plaza estate and the local market.

Our furnishings were replaced in mid 2017 as part of our re-branding works to a Crowne Plaza and I apologise you found them to be uncomfortable, though I realise this is a personal opinion and many of our guests prefer either sorter or more firm beds as a personal preference.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and again I am sorry your stay was not as you would have expected.

Reviewed June 3, 2018

My wife and I booked a 4 night stay at the Crowne Plaza as a stopover in a West Country touring holiday. The hotel was superbly located and faultless in every way. As a result we spent longer in Plymouth enjoying this great hotel, as most sights and shops are within walking distance.
Breakfast, although not cheap, is everything one could wish for and a great start to the day ( looking out onto Plymouth Ho from the Penthouse floor restaurant location ). It was a treat to be always welcomed warmly by any of the hotel staff.
We felt that the hotel justified its prestige status and look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
operations763, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2018

Dear Pookymusic,

I am delighted to read you found your time with us to be so pleasant with many highlights including our ideal location, breakfast offering, and of course the wonderful team.

Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

We arrived to stress of driving around a very full and very tight car park after a long journey.
We then discovered that our rather pricey room did not include breakfast (to be fair our mistake).
The room was spacious and comfortable and modern and new in decor. Beds were super comfy. However bathroom was not clean with lots of hairs in bath and shower head broken which was fixed following day when reported. However hairs remained ! In addition bins were not emptied either.
There was a minimum of a coffee each which was not topped up next day. This felt stingy for a four star hotel.
We really enjoyed atmosphere and staff service in both penthouse bar and reception bar.
Unfortunately we didn’t have time to enjoy the pool.
Just came away feeling little things let us down like a morning coffee in bed !
We did raise the lack of cleanliness and lack of topping up of coffee etc to manager who apologised but offered little tangible options in terms of compensation. We travel often to Plymouth and feel
there are better options in the city which is a shame as we wanted to stay here for some time.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear judeetee2002,

I am disappointed to read you found your time with us to be below your expectations with a number of issues during your time with us. Thank you for bringing these to our attention and we will ensure we review your comments with the team members involved and carry out the relevant retraining where required to prevent recurrence.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope you will try us again on your next visit to our wonderful city.