All reviews the penthouse holiday inn the marco pierre white restaurant the club lounge executive room top floor car park chocolate bar larger car massive room reception bar small bathroom duty manager steam room bathroom door per day town centre
Reviewed September 13, 2018

Just back after 5 nights stay in a very spacious room on the 9th floor. Could not more central and ideal for shops/hoe and barbican.
Room was pleasantly spacious and very comfortable, We made full use of the free use of the swimming pool ( large enough for serious swimming) and sauana, but was too lazy to use the gym.
Downstairs lounge/bar was a bit pricey , so we mainly used the nearby Wetherspoons which was 1/2 price .
I did use the overflow outside carpark (£7.50 per day) and managed to get a space every day, i had a wander around the underground carpark but did not fancy trying it with my hire car.
We would definitely return and recommend

Room tip: rooms on 9th floor very quiet and spacious
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
operations763, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Dear Chris H,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Plymouth.

It is important that our guests provide feedback on their time with us, though when people have stayed on numerous occasions, it is even more welcome. We appreciate your feedback highlighting areas in which we excel and those which require attention, allowing us to review and refine our services to ultimately exceed expectations at all times.

I am delighted to read you found your time with us to be so pleasant with many highlights including our comfortable and spacious rooms and ideal location in the heart of all our wonderful city has to offer.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to our wonderful city.

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights, the hotel was faultless! Amazing views from restaurant, rooms are very spacious with everything you need, although my fridge wouldn’t chill anything I put into it but not a major issue and the hotel is close to shopping centre!

I have marked down my review due to customer service specifically from restaurant supervisors/managers. I found them to be stand offish, rude and blunt. Breakfast buffets were great with plenty to choose from however it was the service from supervisors/managers that let it down, was sat down but never offered tea/coffee yet other tables around me were. I had to prompt someone for it 15mins after being sat down from a supervisor, I didn’t catch her name as she was gone before I turned around (older woman with short blonde hair). I suppose this is what you call southern hospitality?
Coming from a hotel background myself (IHG/Valor) this isn’t great and is a shame...

However the waiting on & bar staff were brilliant, having a chat and laugh with me which does make you feel welcome!
The food in Drakes bar downstairs restaurant was great for lunch (sandwiches & salads) couldn’t fault.

Trip type: Travelled solo
operations763, Manager at Crowne Plaza Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Dear Peter S

It is important that our guests provide feedback on their time with us, We appreciate your feedback highlighting areas in which we excel and those which require attention, allowing us to review and refine our services to ultimately exceed expectations at all times.

I am delighted to read you found your time with us to be so pleasant with many highlights including our Breakfast offering, great views and ideal location in the heart of all Plymouth has to offer. Im concerned to hear that you received less than excellent service from the Supervisors at breakfast, I can assure you this will be looked into and the feedback given to the team.

Joe Carter
Operations Manager

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Just returned after a fantastic wkend here.we stayed in an executive suite room 617.it was lovly!!large room..enormous bed and fantastic views of the hoe.every part of our stay was brilliant..from the staff on reception..the staff on the reception bar..the club lounge..its a smart clean modern hotel.that makes you feel very welcome!!5stars to all of the lovly staff!!thankyou!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
operations763, Manager at Crowne Plaza Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Dear 0p0p

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stays with us at the Crowne Plaza Plymouth. It is important that our guests provide feedback on their time with us,

We appreciate your feedback highlighting areas in which we excel and those which require attention, allowing us to review and refine our services to ultimately exceed expectations at all times. I am delighted to read you found your time with us to be so pleasant with many highlights including our club lounge offering, great views and ideal location in the heart of all Plymouth has to offer.

Joe Carter
Operations Manager

Reviewed September 10, 2018

From the friendly fast check in to the mega comfortable large room to the chatty bar staff there wasn't anything to fault with this hotel. Slept well, felt welcome, and it's got a cracking location right by the Hoe with the Barbican and Pavilions a short walk either side. Sure the the car park underneath isn't large, but I've got a small car so no problem there.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThatSharpy
operations763, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear ThatSharpy,

I am delighted to read you found your time with us to be so pleasant with many highlights including our friendly & welcoming team, large rooms and ideal location in the heart of all our wonderful city has to offer.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in the ideal location for visiting Plymouth. The restaurant is on the penthouse level so you get a great view of the Hoe at breakfast and all the staff are very accommodating. The rooms are big and spacious and well equipped and more importantly.. clean. The pool and steam and sauna area are nice with a view over the park and the changing rooms are spotless.The general areas are all clean and fresh and the hotel has a lovely busy vibe. Definately I would recommend staying here.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear woolacombelocal,

I am delighted to read you found your time with us to be so pleasant with many highlights including the friendly team, cleanliness levels and stunning views. I note your comments regarding areas for improvement and will ensure your comments are reviewed with the relevant departmental head and action taken where required.