All reviews single room nice stay lovely breakfast per day visit plymouth hosts ensuite permit parking
Reviewed May 29, 2016

I stayed for two nights on business in the area. My room was a double on the ground floor right next to the breakfast room, good value at £45/night single occupancy, but obviously a little noisy if you wanted a lie in (which I didn't). The landlady is polite, if not particularly warm.
GOOD POINTS: clean, white bedding and towels, really comfy bed, lots of hangers in good size wardrobe, warm extra blanket, powerful hot shower, good breakfast with lots of choice and dietary needs catered for (lovely French toast).
COULD DO BETTER: I agree it needs updating in places, but it's not bad. It's things like mouldy marks round tiling in the shower and a big iron burn in the carpet. By far my biggest shock was that my room had obviously not been prepared, although I didn't realise at first. On arrival, there was a used, bloody elastoplast on a ledge in the bathroom, and something in the bin. I was also confused that I had only one towel and no shower mat. However, when I came back on my second night, I had three towels, a shower mat, more cups and biscuits. It would appear someone stripped the room, changed the bed and then forgot to return to complete the job. It made me a little uncomfortable worrying that maybe the bathroom hadn't been cleaned (difficult to miss that plaster!) BUT I do believe in cutting people some slack....easy to get distracted and forget to go back!?
OVERALL: Good value for a central stay, but mif i returned to Plymouth I'd probably try somewhere else just for the fun of it; in other words, it wasn't so good I'd give up the fun of trying somewhere new.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
barnaclebob2511, Owner at Four Seasons Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2016

It is probably correct the room missed the final cleaning during a hectic change over day, for which we apologise but we would have been more than willing to put things right if informed, which we were not. The previous guest had accidentally marked the carpet with the iron and we just could not get it replaced over the bank holiday period and the guest house was full or we would have offered another room.

Reviewed December 31, 2015 via mobile

We Stayed here for 2 nights, my daughter had top floor room, my wife & I had the first floor double on suite, both rooms seriously and in fact the entire hotel needs to be refurbished the bedrooms are clean but very dated and bathrooms are very dingy and a lot of discoloured tiles in the shower and the actual pressure of shower abysmal
The owners were at all times very polite and I must stress that this is not an attack on them just a very truthful review of a guest house where we stayed but would not stay again as there are much better guesthouses in Plymouth for the same price the only real good thing was the breakfast which I'd give a 7/10

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
barnaclebob2511, Owner at Four Seasons Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2016

Just thought it was worth reporting the reaction of a couple who stayed with us this week in the same room as discussed above. They loved the room as it was light and airy. "A really comfortable bed" really generous hospitality tray and good range of cosmetics in the bathroom. We checked the shower and it works perfectly.

Reviewed November 23, 2015

I stayed at the Four Seasons for two nights and the location is perfect for the Hoe, Barbican and city centre. Set down in a quiet cul de sac, the Four Seasons is a good standard traditional guest house. It's fairly basic and the decor could do with freshening up but I'd be happy to stay there again. The best thing, though, was the breakfast. There is a great choice and I settled for the tasty and hearty Devonshire breakfast which definitely set me up for the day.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2015

Stayed at Four Seasons for 3 nights while visiting our daughter at Uni and had a thoroughly good stay. For the price it can't be beaten and Bob rustles up a lovely full English. By prior arrangement we were able to take our dog who enjoyed running around on the Hoe. Bob and Kate were wonderful bubbly hosts despite suffering a family bereavement. Would not hesitate to recommend to family and friends!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2015

We stayed here once before, in winter, quite by accident and so we decided to return for a planned stay. We had an enjoyable 2 night stay with our small dog. Everything is nearby. The Hoe is a few minutes walk one way, the Barbican just a short stroll the other way and it was also an easy walk for the Pavilion Theatre.
Breakfast is huge and lasts you all day. The water is always hot and the bed is comfortable. They provide a nicely stocked hospitality tray too.
Good value for money

Room Tip: Not all rooms have en-suite so book early.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple