All reviews single room nice stay lovely breakfast per day visit plymouth hosts ensuite permit parking
Reviewed October 17, 2016

I stayed at the four seasons guest house for two nights (14-16/10/2016) and I was very happy with the choice. I was looking for an ensuite single room with a good price. Although my room (number 4) was not ensuite, I was very satisfied as the shower and the washing basing were inside the room and I had a private toilet (for my use only) located on another floor which was completely fine as I spent most of the time outside in the city.
The room is clean and with a selection of tea and coffee (complementary). They also provide toiletries so you do not need to bring your own.
The breakfast is the standard one offered in these guest houses.
The location is great with The Hoe only 5 minutes walk. Must go there... a fantastic view of the Atlantic Ocean.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank AmmanLaila
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights in a comfortable double next to the breakfast room. The breakfast list is plentiful there is something for everyone and this is one of the reasons we have re- booked for Nov. I loved the full English my daughter who lives and studies in Plymouth joined us each morning for the delicious cinnamon toast and I know my mother in law will greatly appreciate the sweet pastries on our next visit ( being Italian.)
Perfectly situated very near the barbican but far enough away for peace and quiet and also near the hoe.
Rosie their labradoodle is adorable and Kate is a wonderful host really looking forward to our next visit. I highly recommend this b&b

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2016

Our room was a twin with en suite. The en suite was tiny and if you carry a few pounds you would struggle to move. When you leant over the sink you very nearly push the door open to the bedroom. Plenty of shower gel/body/hair wash. Shower cap and flannels provided and towels were fluffy if a little small (bath towels not bath sheets) The beds are very comfortable although too hot with mattress protectors and toppers. We slept with window open to cool us off which then bought the noise in. The bedding was clean which is all you hope for really. The room could do with tidying a little but doesn't affect your stay. The view was roof tops and courtyards but not unpleasant. Never saw or heard the owners dog which is a shame. It is ideally situated for the Hoe and Barbican. The tea/coffee tray was generous and I wondered why only one bottle of water for two people if you are offering water then surely a bottle each? Then we found out why the one bottle of water - it was to fill the kettle as it was impossible to fill from the sink as too snail. That being said you couldn't refill the water bottle either so limited to drinks. Host was very friendly and was eager to go to lengths to accommodate our dietary needs. Everything was bought to the table. Personally I would prefer to help myself to juice, cereal, fruit etc but although portioned out by the host I am sure you could ask for more if wanted. Service was very fast, even rushed at times. My cooked breakfast arrived while I was still eating cereal and I had to lift my cereal boywl up to continue eating while cooked breakfast put on table. Would reccomend poached eggs but not the scrambled as very sloppy but my fault for not asking to be cooked a bit more. Parking is £2 a day and there are limited spaces but if you manage to find a space it is very good value. Lemon sweets in hallway which were good for taking off pending car travel sickness Overall it was suitable for our needs and the host was most obliging going above and beyond what was expected. You couldn't wish for a better place if you have dietary needs.

Room Tip: Room 1 is a twin with tiny bathroom
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2016

Stayed here with my wife for a long weekend break over the Bank Holiday. What can I say, the owners were so polite and helpful. the rooms were spotless and plenty large enough, even with a small flat screen TV if you want to stay in and keep up with the news. But we were there to get out aqnd about and its so close to everything in Plymouth that we're not surprised that they are so fully booked.
Breakfast is to die for!!,,,you will not go away from here feeling the need to snack on something mid day!!.
Will we be back?,, Absolutely!!!!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2016

I stayed for two nights on business in the area. My room was a double on the ground floor right next to the breakfast room, good value at £45/night single occupancy, but obviously a little noisy if you wanted a lie in (which I didn't). The landlady is polite, if not particularly warm.
GOOD POINTS: clean, white bedding and towels, really comfy bed, lots of hangers in good size wardrobe, warm extra blanket, powerful hot shower, good breakfast with lots of choice and dietary needs catered for (lovely French toast).
COULD DO BETTER: I agree it needs updating in places, but it's not bad. It's things like mouldy marks round tiling in the shower and a big iron burn in the carpet. By far my biggest shock was that my room had obviously not been prepared, although I didn't realise at first. On arrival, there was a used, bloody elastoplast on a ledge in the bathroom, and something in the bin. I was also confused that I had only one towel and no shower mat. However, when I came back on my second night, I had three towels, a shower mat, more cups and biscuits. It would appear someone stripped the room, changed the bed and then forgot to return to complete the job. It made me a little uncomfortable worrying that maybe the bathroom hadn't been cleaned (difficult to miss that plaster!) BUT I do believe in cutting people some slack....easy to get distracted and forget to go back!?
OVERALL: Good value for a central stay, but mif i returned to Plymouth I'd probably try somewhere else just for the fun of it; in other words, it wasn't so good I'd give up the fun of trying somewhere new.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
barnaclebob2511, Owner at Four Seasons Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2016

It is probably correct the room missed the final cleaning during a hectic change over day, for which we apologise but we would have been more than willing to put things right if informed, which we were not. The previous guest had accidentally marked the carpet with the iron and we just could not get it replaced over the bank holiday period and the guest house was full or we would have offered another room.