All reviews city centre full english b and b toilet and shower pre order en suit rooms are spotlessly clean fresh fruit slept really well lovely breakfast local information plymouth hoe five minute walk cooked breakfast warm welcome black pudding family visit
Reviewed June 3, 2018 via mobile

What can I say...very warm welcome, even let in early as our room was ready, which was great. The room itself was light and airy, all very clean and had a nice homely feel to it. The beds are big and spacious and very comfortable.
We didn’t have breakfast there but from what we seen and could smell it seemed great.
The place itself is in a great location. Go left from the front door and you are literally a 2 minute walk away from the beach front, go right and you are a short walk away from the town itself.
All in all we will be visiting again as there is loads to do.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Sue W, Owner at Rainbow Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2018

Thank you for your review. Constructive comments are helpful. Our aim is to continue improving and to make things special for our guests

Reviewed April 16, 2018

We stayed here for only one night in April but I wouldn't hesitate to go back. The owner contacted us beforehand to see when we would arrive and left instructions for us to collect the key as she wasn't going to be there. The room was very nicely decorated as was the bathroom and the complementary shower gels and shampoo etc was nice. Towels were wonderful! The B&B was well placed for a trip to the Hoe. We didn't breakfast here as we met friends in town for breakfast but the dining room looked very nice.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2018

Booked to see a show at Theatre Royal, Plymouth so stayed at the Rainbow Lodge. This B&B is only 5-10 mins walk from the theatre. We had a room without an en suite but knew this when we booked. The shower to our room was in a cupboard space off the landing opposite our door. The toilet was down a flight of stairs. The hotel was quiet so this wasn't a problem but could be difficult if the place was full. I think all the remaining rooms are en suite. Our room was pleasantly decorated and had plenty of local and hotel information in a folder. There are tea and coffe facilities. Breakfast was plenty of choice and good cooked breakfast. The owners are very helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

I was visiting Plymouth to attend the Argyle v Oxford football game (that's "sucker" to you American readers) and I needed a place to stay for one night. The Rainbow was selected from a list of several similar establishments at random. I knew the area having stayed there before both for work and pleasure.

The Rainbow is ideally placed for most of the major tourist areas, city centre, Hoe, and Barbican, and is just a short walk from any of them. Sadly, the council run Car parking is not free and is on the street outside. It can be difficult to find a space near the B&B at times and if you have heavy luggage it could become tiresome. However, I understand there is onsite parking available for those who are on longer stays. I suggest prospective guests contact the owners for detail.

I had booked what was described as a "small double" which turned out to be ideal for my unaccompanied needs on this occasion. However, in my opinion it would not have been suitable if there were two of us. The proprietors said that the room (#2) was (or should be) being marketed as a 'single' and I agree that is a better description than "small double". American visitors may well struggle with its size. I also think that the room rate was actually a little high (£60) - given its size .

The room was warm and spotless, as was the perfectly adequate ensuite and shower. It was a particular pleasure to note that the owners did not, as is often the case in similar B&Bs, scrimp on the in room refreshments. Plenty of tea, coffee, plus decaf etc etc. (I could have managed a second pack of biscuits though!) The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows provided - again, an area where B&Bs are sometimes remiss. It was quiet and I had a good nights sleep.

I have to say the breakfast proved the crowning glory of my brief stay. On arriving in the dining room the choice of extras (cereals, nuts, seeds, sauces, etc etc was enormous - it seemed almost endless)

Ordered the previous evening (and I am picky about stuff like having my bacon crispy and my toast well done and all) the "full English" arrived on time, it was perfectly cooked - to my specifications- and was very well presented. Extremely tasty and of generous proportions, it was most acceptable....a minor triumph B&B of catering!

The lady owners were both helpful and friendly and I have no hesitation in recommending the lodge to others..It was a pleasant, if brief stay, made even better by my teams emphatic victory over Argyle.

Thank you, Rainbow Lodge.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Oxford-Oldman
Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

This is my regular Gust House when I visit Plymouth. Close to seafront and city centre, nice people and good place to stay.
I would highly recommend. Next visit in December definitely go back again.
Thank you very much for looking after.

Stayed: November 2017