“A repeat review for a fantastic hotel”

Kynance House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #24 of 84 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Plymouth
“A repeat review for a fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

I've felt the need to repost his review as I didn't see it on the website and I want people to know how good this hotel was at accomodating my elderly grandmother. Have been travelling a lot and its rare I've got such a pleasant and accomodating family to deal with. Nothing was a problem, they were very very sweet to my grandmother and really went the extra mile to ensure she was comfortable. I would even go as far as to say any negative reviews of this place were mistaken!

Room Tip: Just ask nicely and you'll get what you want!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank PlymouthJJackson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

This hotel offers the best value for money and the most friendly staff in Plymouth! With comfortable clean and spacious rooms, with a modern touch that includes flat-screen televisions, in-room tea and coffee making facilities, shower and other amenities, there is so much to love about Kynance Hotel.

The hotel is right next to the Hoe, one of Plymouth's best attractions and feature, and only a 5-10 minute walk to the main shopping complex.

With tiny prices and generous facilities and hospitality, this is my preferred hotel in Plymouth!

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank Austin C
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

if you like cold showers and you dont want your sheets changed very often then this is the place to stay,ive had more comfortable nights on a fishing lake i dread to think how old the mattresses are,they tell you one price then charge you another,the hotel itself might be clean but it hasnt been updated in at least ten years,if your a contractor like myself then you will be put up in a house down the road, (tax fiddle)which is set in the fiftys and still has damp from the same era,have no breakfast and you will still be charged for it,cheap ketchup,50's cutlery and polish staff that dont make much sense,ive stayed in many places all over the country and never felt the need to write a review if anything im being nice...BEWARE THIS PLACE IS A DUMP..STAY AWAY..YOU WILL BE SPIED ON

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank scottyozz
Yatton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

This was my first time away with business and being female and by myself was a little bit apprehensive. Maggie & Colin who own the Kynance Hotel were lovely they were very friendly and nothing was to much trouble. It was brilliant that they had parking at the rear as it is a premium in this area. The other residents who were staying there were all very nice and it felt like a welcoming family atmosphere. On the second day there on my way back from work unfortunately my sat nav ran out of power. Not knowing the area well i managed to get myself lost. I called Maggie and she took the time to stay on the phone and guide me back... what a star i would have been lost. Will def go back soon I hope xx

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Plymouth00
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

Me and my partner used to stay in the Kynance before we went for our last visit. I used to live in Ireland so i always flew over here to see him as he lived here. We decided to go back this year for my birthday and it was still the same way as we always remembered. Margaret ,Colin an the staff of the Kynance always made us feel very welcome. The rooms are lovely and clean, with a built in ensuite, fresh towels and a kettle so you can make tea or coffee, the breakfast was lovely too, where you were given a selection of food so you can have what you like. The staff always asked if you would like anything else. The hotel is always kept clean as well. I would recommend this hotel to anybody as i cant see why people dont like it, as its lovely , and we will be back again .

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steve B
Wales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2010

Myself and friends recently stayed and the Kynance and I can honestly say it was the worst experience of my life, the corridor smelt of damp as well as a mixture of all different repulsing smells. The owner of the hotel did give me a cheap room and I thought that was out of kindness but I soon realised that it wasn’t, the low rate I was charge was still too much to pay for the room I stayed in. The only good thing I would say about the Kynance is the staff, it seems that the owner likes to put the staff down. The staff who served me were very efficient and kind, I would recommend them to any other hotel. They don’t deserve to work in the Kynance THEY DESERVE BETTER!. I started speaking to some of the staff that were serving me at the time and I asked them their age they were young and looked like they were on a nervous breakdown, my sympathy goes out to them. With the great service they gave to me I felt I had to give them a compliment and say thank you so I did and as soon as that happened it was like light shone right through them, amazing staff like that deserve so much better. The food was ok but could have been so much better if it didn’t taste out of date this applies for the milk and orange juice that was provided too. Next time I visit Plymouth I will not be staying at the Kynance even if that means sleeping on the streets.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank BigBoss1974Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

I am more of a business traveller. I have been coming from London to Plymouth every month for a week or so for a while now. I like comfort, great service, and of course being a business man great value for money! The Kynance Hotel, a lovely family run bed and breakfast, has always offered me that. I must admit that i am not a fun of B&Bs. Prior to staying at the Kynance i used to stay at the budget business hotels and still do when i work in other towns other than Plymouth. But i like the Kynance hotel because it stands out, it is quite different, unique if you like... and that is based on great service and value for money. I usually meet guests who return, especially the business ones and from time to time i have met guests i saw on previous holidays.

I must also admit that i only write this review because i have visited this hotel many times and have always been treated so well and yet i have never complimented them. I have recommended this hotel to friends and collegues before and i will recommend it again because IT IS A FANTASTIC HOTEL AND IT OFFERS GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY!!! The rooms are clean and tidy and are attended to on a daily basis. Rooms have FREE Internet, Kettle and other tea/ coffee facilities, toilet and shower facilities in each room, a telephone, and have recently been vamped up with flat screen televisions. Considering that i and many toher business and holiday guests get these wonderful facilities time and time again from under £30 one should express one's gratitude.

Breakfast is wonderful, a full English Breakfast with a choice of other alternative cooked breakfast on offer, and a continental breakfast too.

The staff are very friendly, professional, approachable and always willing to help. As with most hotels, things are not always perfect, but i find that whenever something is not quite as i would like it to be i always ask staff to sort it and the management always ensure that my visit is not just comfortable but rather pleasant and satisfactory. They recomend the best places to visit, and they even went the extra mile for me and some other guests and gave us a guided tour, a FREE guided tour around Plymouth and some parts of Cornwall. They are passionate about their hotel, they are passionate about their city, they are passionate about their towns... I am sorry if i am being sentimental, but i have to admire that and give credit where it is due! It is not a 5-star hotel nor is it quite a 5-star service, but they do their very best and in my option offer some of the best in Bed and Breakfast Hotel category.

Thank you Kynance house for making my stay away from home pleasant and i look forward to staying with you on my next visit to Plymouth and many more in future.

Austin

Enfield Town, Middlesex, London.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business