“Breakfast served cold without eggs.”
Review of The Union Rooms

The Union Rooms
Ranked #66 of 87 Quick Bites in Plymouth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

All Wetherspoons are not made equal which we learned soon after arriving at this one. Breakfast arrived without eggs and not very hot which we sent back. Came back with eggs on the same plate of food now luke warm to cold, which we ate as it was very busy and we were hungry. Needless to say won't be going back.

1  Thank Fiona D
Management response:Responded April 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you were not happy with the food on this occasion, no matter how busy it is we will always make sure our customers have the best experience and would have been happy to replace your meal. We hope this doesn't put you off visiting us again.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

On saturday 31st march my husband and 2 young children asked if it was ok to come in to this place for some food at 6pm. There were only tables full of dirty glasses, plates and food stuck to the tables left to chose to sit at. We asked twice if they could be cleared away and the table to be wiped and still after 30mins they hadnt been over. After clearing this ourselfs and trying to order the food at the bar i was ignored for 15 mins as 3 members of staff were putting stock out (bottles of vodka) on shelves which could have taken one staff member, people were getting served before me of which i complained to a manager and another staff member to which i was told 'we are short staffed!' It was obvious staff didnt want to serve me with a big food order when i was stood with a menu! After finaly being served and eating our food we were told to clear out of the way to make way for the disco/dance floor when we were waiting on our puddings. We were told to find somewhere to stand and eat!!! Will never come here again. Been to many weatherspoons on evenings and never been treated like this beforw with my kids-i even asked if it was ok to bring them in and we were told it was fine up until 9pm (standard)

1  Thank rslevin86
Management response:Responded April 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. Understandably it being one of the busiest days of the year the pub will be very busy. I'm sorry that you don't like that we move our dance floor area from tables to make way for the evening, but unfortunately we cant change this. We are sorry that you were unhappy with the service on this visit, we strive for the best possible service but unfortuntley was not achieved on this visit. We hope this doesn't up you off visiting us again.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

I have been coming to this place for years, on the odd night out with my colleagues. Maundy Thursday evening,i was waiting for 35 mins to get a drink. There was 4-5 members of staff behind the bar. They all looked miserable and there was no eye contact to see who was next. I tried to get there attention. In this time I saw 4 couples give up and go elsewhere. It wasn't really busy either.

2  Thank Spencer W
Reviewed March 30, 2018

Took 10 minutes to get 3 pints. Yes was busy, but needed more staff.
Was going to eat here, but ate at The Bank instead.

1  Thank ChocolateCousCous
Management response:Responded April 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a expirence and looking forward to see again soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Went there for lunch with partner on 24/11/27 0rdered 8oz sirloin steak with chips and
large mix grill with side salad ,the salad Never came and my partner mix grill was very small and cold as was my steak cold with only 6 chips and very small steak .
No way was what i paid for was 8oz sirloin steak,the table was dirty,it was meant to be romantic lunch for me and my partner which was ruined by very poor service

2  Thank Philip W
Management response:Responded April 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. If you had mentioned to a member of staff we would have been more than happy to address your issues. We hope this doesn't put you off from visiting us again.