“Special service! ”

Price range: US$13 - US$59
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Superb little family run bistro/restaurant ideal for lunch, or dinner. Close to the Plymouth Theatre Royal, Pavilions and Reel Cinema and situated in the heart of the business district close the Civic Centre and just across from main Royal Parade bus stops. Extensive menu including light bites such as vegetable, French Onion and Fish Soup, Omelettes, Croque Monsieur and Fish and Chips as well as the traditional French dishes of, Beef Bourguignon, Cassoulet, Escargot and Creme Brule. Its a venue suitable for everyone at anytime and easy on the pocket too. The attention to detail and customer care and service is second to none and its been running quietly on its "word of mouth" reputation since 2005. There is even a piano on site which is played, subject to bookings, from 7.30pm each evening.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I booked a pre show meal at Chloe’s before attending the theatre. We received fantastic service and the food was really good. Being allergic to garlic and onions is often really hard when dining out and most places can’t cater for me as I find a lot of restaurants serve pre made food, sauces etc. I contacted Chloe’s to explain and received a call back to go through the menu and work out what I could eat. When we arrived we were greeted with smiles and shown to our table. The waitress had notes to say about my allergies and again we went through the menu. After choosing our food and enjoying a very nice bottle of wine the waitress came back and said I wasn’t having food from the menu as the chef had prepared me my very own meal! I felt like a VIP! The meal was absolutely delicious, full of flavour and cooked to perfection! Thank you so much to all the team at Chloe’s for looking after me and making our experience of dining with you perfect! Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

1  Thank akprouse

Reviewed March 27, 2018

Excellent service, food & value. There is an extensive a la carte menu but we selected from the menu formule which offers 2 courses for £12.50 & 3 courses for £15. There's a good choice - we had terrine encroute which was beautifully presented (as were all courses) fish cauldrons & zesty lemon tart with raspberry purée. Waitress knew we were going to the theatre & gave us a gentle reminder about the time when we were too engrossed in conversation. Even though we were on the cheapskates' menu we had a complimentary cup of delicious pumpkin soup.

Reviewed March 17, 2018

We came here for a pre theatre lunch and were very impressed. Arrived a little early for our reservation but that was no problem . Delicious set lunch menu, good value at £12.50 for 2 courses. Very good Terrine en Croute to start, super mussels and fish cauldron for main course. Lovely bread! Decent wine by the glass. The service was excellent, very friendly proprietress and waitress who looked after us very well even though it was full! Shame it's so far away!

Reviewed March 9, 2018

I visited with my friend and had the fish and chips, there was not much choice: it was all very expensive. During the night I had an upset stomach 7 times so I reported this to the restaurant - I thought I might have been offered a half price meal or even a free coffee as a gesture of goodwill, but no, nothing at all. I would not go back.

Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

As always a delicious lunch. Always enjoy coming back here. Your creative culinary flair is fab!

We had the French onion soup to start with followed by tasty chicken for one of us and fish for the other.

Not just great food but great service!