“Early night Balti before the rush”
Review of Maha - Bharat

Maha - Bharat
Ranked #84 of 357 Restaurants in Torquay
Price range: US$0 - US$17
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 22 August 2017

After a sunny day in Torquay around the Harbour, just a short walk up the hill opposite the bowling centre is the Mahabharat restaurant... ( parking is good around the back of the bowling centre) Great food and good atmosphere but it gets booked early so book ahead. The Balti was delicious..will be back again

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Great food with plenty of choice for my wife who is vegetarian. Staff very attentive and courteous. Very nice evening with a bottle of wine. Complimentary baileys offered.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Never judge a book by its cover? I've had some amazing curries in the most unlikely locations, so despite the fairly dingy and unwelcoming interior, my companion and I pressed on as hunger got the better of us. I wished we'd looked further. Service was slightly quirky but not in an unfriendly way, but the food was a disappointment. It takes a lot for my mate to leave his chicken jalfrezi half eaten but the spices were completely unbalanced and the accompanying naan bread bland. My lamb dish was instantly forgettable, too. There must be a better curry house in Torquay than this place.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We phoned on Sunday night to see if they were still open as it was around 10:15pm and they allowed us to book for 10:30. When we arrived we were greeted polity and taken to our table. We both like our food to be very spicy and they were happy to accommodate, when the food arrived we wasn't disappointed both meals had the best flavours and kick we both enjoy and the side dish was also spiced up and was excellent. The waiter who was very friendly and even brought out some extra sliced naga chillies to add, which we did. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to all my family and friends and will definitely be returning soon. Well done.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Visited the Maha last night and again another tasty meal. Good value for money and very enjoyable.

Would definitely recommend this Indian restaurant