Abbey Lawn Hotel
The Orestone Manor(Torquay)
US$351
US$315
Hotwire.com
Yardley Manor Hotel(Torquay)(Great Value!)
US$71
Priceline
US$152
US$147
Travelocity
US$121
PremierInn.com
All reviewscoach holidaycoach driverour waitertennis courtsrobinsons holidayssea viewmeal timesevening entertainmentmet some lovely peoplepiping hotfloor boardsother guestswell run hotelplenty of choiceenjoyable holidaysea frontcleaned every day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I have been to this hotel three times now for New Year. Barry, Heidi and the gang welcome you back and treat you as part of their family. The hotel is in a quiet spot but an enjoyable walk along the beach isn't far away and 5 mins from the town centre. This management team will ensure you have everything you need for a pleasant, relaxing holiday. All you have to do is ask! Relaxing and stress free, an easy way to wind down from the stresses of every day life.

Room Tip: Over the front is quiet and lots of light.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank HelenG350
Reviewed 23 November 2011

What a fantastic holiday we had, we stayed in February 2011, for 5 days over valantines day. The rooms were fabulous front facing, spotless clean, and all new furnicture. We had a bed which was 6ft wide, and so comfy. The management & staff was and absolute credit to the hotel, We have never been made so welcome, before in a hotel. The food was fantastic, and plenty full, I am quite a big eater, and I was more than full every meal time. The food was quality, so much so I do not know how they do it for the price. As it was a special weekend. we got a free glass of wine with every evening meal, and on Valantines day, we all had a glass of bubbly, and all the women, got an individual packed red rose. This made the holiday extra special, and probably why the coach is nearly full already for next year. We are going again next year at the same time, which I cannot wait for.

Heidi and Barry were the perfect hosts, along with assistant management team of randall and Kate. The staff are all really friendly, and will do anything to make your stay a happy one.

The swimming pool and Gym, are well maintained and are excellent facilties, they even provide you with towels, which is great, so keeps the luggage down. The entertainment is really good, I cannot quite remember the main act, but he had come from one of the local Theater's and he was superb. He could sing, tell really funny clean jokes, and he memorised every persons name in the lounge area, a rough guess 60 people.

I struggle to think how people can write a bad word about this hotel, I can appreciate that people are entitled to have their own opinion. But to say this hotel punches above its weight is an under statement, for quality and value for money. Also just a few words to people who have wrote bad words about the management, again you can have your opinion, but they are really nice people, and I have only met them once.

Room Tip: Front facing premier room
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
12  Thank probes
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Just returned from this Hotel, and it was very much in need of renovation. The room I had was very small around 7ft wide and very battered furniture and old blankets rather than Duvets on the bed which you would expect in this day and age. Although functional everything was indeed very basic. The food also was very cheap and cheerfull, ie Scampi, Lasagna, Meat & Potato Pie, etc. The one night the Menu sounded better Roast Beef & Yorkshire Pudding, etc I think the Roast Potatoe's & Yorkshire Puddings would have been better used to make a Rockery for the Garden than for Dinner as they were so hard one could'nt bite them. It was more like Pub Grub than a Hotel Menu. The Entertainment was acceptable but aimed more at the Elderly Clientille, more of a singalong and sequence dance type music, ok I suppose if your pushing 90. They also charge a supplement for a front view supposedly of the Sea, but the Sea is actually about a mile away from the Hotel, and how they could warrant charging a suppliment for a room this small and battered beats me. I for one definately wont return or at least not before it undergoes a major refurbishment, and changes the Chef.

Room Tip: Dont book a single room, nor pay a front facing suppliment. These rooms are on a par with Dog Kennels.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
8  Thank isabellascotland
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We have just come back from a great week at Abbey Lawn Hotel Everyone was so good to us The meals were Excellent and our waiter Steve made sure we have everything we needed and the food was really hot and well The room was cleaned everyday and done mostly while we were having our breakfast It was so nice to come back to a beautiful clean after breakfast We went with Robinson's and our coach Driver Allan was just great so thank you all for a great holiday

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Allen B
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We visited this hotel with my mum and dad in May and plan to return on the 17/10/2011
I cannot believe that people have called the managers grumpy etc as they could not have done more for us on our visit.Do people realise paying for a holiday does not mean they are buying a bit of the individuals that run the place.Good clean hotel,nice food and a great location
I thought the 2 couples on reception were professional and competent.My husband and I have been all over the world but were happy with our stay in this hotel in fact we felt the people really went the extra mile.Well done and see you soon.

Room Tip: worth paying for front facing
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family