“Consistent quality”

Ranked #237 of 369 Restaurants in Torquay
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed August 12, 2017

Just got back from holiday and needed a good curry and yet again was not disappointed with the food served at Green Chillis, its reasonable priced great portions and as we have said in previous reviews we don't use the delivery service as its slow and problematic but over all if you call in advance and collect we have never had a problem with our meal and we have tried most curry houses in and around the bay and this is still our favourite take away

Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

Another lovely Indian takeaway from green chillies...
Ordered 4 dishes with rice, naan & poppadoms, plenty left over for tomorrow. The jalfrazi & garlic chilli chicken were not as Spicy as they usual are but very tasty none the less.
Waited an hour which is pretty standard at the weekend for this place.
Only negative dishes weren't very hot in temperature...

Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

We have been regulars of this takeaway for a few years and we always enjoy our food and not experienced any problems with the quality of food
There is a general theme within the bad reviews about deliveries and being this takeaway gets busy on Friday and Saturday nights I would suggest collecting and not using the delivery apps etc . I would imagine the logistics of deliveries is an absolute nightmare as either all the orders come in together or you arrange the staff and it's a quiet night for take outs. I can understand that deliveries is a great option if you have had a drink and can't drive but if you know the deliveries are slow try a little bit of forward planning such as order earlier then required and if it turns up early pop in the oven until your ready to eat. I think one thing that most people forget is with introduction of delivery apps has increased demand and expectation on most takeaways but all this relies on the availability of a good and dedicated delivery drivers and can only imagine it's not a job for everyone as potentially it's a thankless task as being they are on the front line they are going to get the complaints and abuse when the food order is late and also the nights you can earn a few pennies are possible the best two nights of the week for socialising so our advise is collect your food and don't allow technology turn you into a couch potato

Can't understand why people ignore the valuable feedback in Trip advisor and then seem surprised that a particular service or food does not meet expectation

1  Thank Jarrod H
Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

Ordered a takeaway yesterday and have to say that, apart from the popadoms and generic chutney, it was the most flavourless, spice-less, gutless, mockery of Indian food we have ever eaten, culminating with a saag paneer consisting of a sweet gloop of greeny-brown vegetation mixed into a concoction closely resembling vomit and all topped with, presumably, grilled cheese (which tasted not one iota like cheese). Vile and disgusting. Avoid like the plague.

2  Thank ManchesterBarb
Reviewed May 25, 2017

What a truly, truly awful experience. I ordered a curry to be delivered via the Just eat app
The curry, a lamb tikka, Chicken tikka masala a portion of chips and a naan

The order arrived at the stated time which is about as positive as this gets. I started with the lamb tikka and after a bite didn't eat anymore as i have never eaten such a tough piece of meat. I moved onto the chicken tikka and absolutely agree with the previous reviewer - i have never seen such a garish 'red' curry (see picture uploaded) The was no taste and to top it off the chips were completely soggy.
I was so dissapointed that i rang up the shop to complain.
I was told that lamb is hit and miss and can be tough at times - This is not the case, lamb is very tender as it hasn't been roaming the fields for a long time!
It was explained to me that all tikka masala curry's in this area are more red that other areas.
I was not happy and pursued a refund. Eventually after the Manager told me that i was just another typical Torquay person after something for nothing he agreed.

Normally i check reviews before i place an order - this was that one time that i didn't and i am gutted about it as the reviews say it all about this place.
The Manager does not deserve to be in the position he is as he does not have any customer service skills or culinary flare!