All reviews free bar steve laister first class majestic tours excellent entertainment summer sizzler rock n roll self drive coach driver turkey and tinsel themed weekend entertainment manager brilliant weekend our waiter met some lovely people sea view babbacombe theatre
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

Brilliant time had funny having Christmas in February but really enjoyed it. Entertainment was really good. Food was good nothing to much bother for our waiter Doug. All the staff were helpful and friendly

Trip type: Travelled with friends
mark w, Owner at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Glad to hear you had a great time. See you again soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2018

What a lovely time we had at The Templestowe all staff were very friendly and happy in their work plenty of good food bar snacks at lunchtime were superb.99p bar.We requested room 210 which we had stayed in before spotlessly cleaned.Excellent entertainment each night and were luckily enough to win £100on the bingo.A special thanks to Ashlegh for looking after us at mealtimes.Just one little moan I think we should be able to get a 3 day pass for the car park as we had to keep renewing it every day.Not a place for children especially in the winter!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Joan. Thank you for your review. Car parking is a bit limited and tricky. Thankfully, there is a cheap car park 100 yards from the hotel.
Our off season breaks do attract an adult crowd; most children are at school. We are happy to accommodate all ages, but do not provide any extra facilities for pre-schoolers. With this in mind the entertainment is aimed at adults and we are glad that you found it to be excellent (and favourable!).

Reviewed February 8, 2018 via mobile

Spent last weekend here with majestic tours. What an absolutely brilliant weekend. Everything was superb. Great food spotless room staff very friendly. Entertainment was absolutely spectacular. Second time here and cant honestly think of anything negative to say. Would recommend this hotel 100%.cant wait to go back. Thankyou templestowe

Trip type: Travelled with family

Wonderful recommendation. Thank you very much Lorraine.

Reviewed February 6, 2018

The room I had had a walkin shower, 2 single beds, it was cleaned every day, replaced used tea,coffee,etc, warm, view of the car park where my car was parked, and on the ground floor, with use of lift to basement, where the restaurant and ballroom is located,the entertainment and resturant were great, good food ,planty of coffee, there was 99p drinks, but I don't drink, I was one of 5 friends who said they all enjoyed their stay, so much as we have booked again on the 27th Feb for 3 nights, with a different theme, so roll on the 27th and enjoy another stay, the staff and resturant were v good,

Room tip: Ask for what you want, they will do their best to help you.
1  Thank MalcolmD270
mark w, Owner at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Cheers Malcolm. Majestic is all about looking after our guests and so great to know you had a great holiday. Wonderful to have you returning so quickly. You'll love the We'll Meet Again.

Reviewed January 14, 2018

I had heard many reports about The Templestowe but the Turkey & Tinsel weekends did not appeal to me. My son suggested an after-Christmas break titled "Carry On Christmas". I went on the trip almost willing myself not to enjoy it. From the moment we stepped into the hotel it became obvious that this was no ordinary experience. We went to the bar for refreshment and met Rob, the barperson. From that moment on my attitude began to change. Rob was a very likeable chap who couldn't do enough for us to make us welcome; this went on throughout the weekend and we felt that Rob was almost a friend! The entertainment was 1st class. The shows included the very funny Dean Winters whom I had seen before. This did not stop me laughing throughout the show. Ruby Washington's voice was superb and the dancers on both evenings enhanced our enjoyment.

Bingo is not for me, drying paint holds more interest, but it is commonplace at holiday resort hotels and didn't really detract from the evening.

The room we had was on ground level, as per my request when booking (thank you) and was clean, tidy and big enough for the two us. It was only for sleeping so more than served its purpose.

The food was superb. The choice covered virtually all tastes and was plentiful enough. We were on Table 4 and I regret that I did not note our waitress' name because she really looked after us. The service was speedy and the restaurant staff were very polite.

All in all, my outlook on this type of break has changed completely. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it and am considering another trip. The only advice I would give is that it would probably be preferable to travel as a group or at least with another couple.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Alan P
mark w, Owner at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Thank you Alan for such a brilliant review. I believe your comments ring true for many of our first time guests. We really do hope to see you again on one of our entertainment breaks. Thanks again from all the team, they really do appreciate your appreciation.