All reviews free bar first class majestic tours steve laister excellent entertainment summer sizzler rock n roll self drive coach driver turkey and tinsel themed weekend entertainment manager brilliant weekend sea view our waiter babbacombe theatre every evening
Reviewed January 17, 2010

stayed here before christmas, had fantastic time, very clean room, food good, staff helpful, most of staff are young and i found to be immature and very nice to guests, but on two occasions i overheard a female member staff moaning about an elderly guest and was quite rude.

• Stayed: December 2009
2  Thank mrswhite54
mark w, Owner at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2015

Thank you Mrs White. Your comments were duly noted and staff retrained in a customer respect. We believe the hotel now offers an exceptional personal service. Thank you for giving us a 'poke'!

Reviewed January 11, 2010

Had 3 nights here whilst visiting friends. Very nice hotel and service. All staff very helpful and friendly. Perfect location near to town, shops, beach, restaurants and pubs. Room small but comfortable. Nice new bathroom. Gorgeous sea view.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank candyGeorgia

Thanks for the review. I agree the sea-view rooms are the best.

Reviewed January 8, 2010

Went with a group on 4/1/2010 with Magestic tour from Swansea
Arrived at hotel about 1 pm
All cases were undoaded and taken to your room
The room my wife and I had was quite large 1 double & i single bed room was bright & airy & spotless
Service was exellent and staff were very frendly and most helpful
Food was perfect (only fault it was a bit cold in my opinion) but I did not complain I am sure it would have been recified if I did
The entertainment was as good as you could ask for
A a christmas break the decorations must have taken quite a few days to put up(exceptional)
to sum it up I have been on loads of these short stay breaks but this was the best ever
Would I recommend this hotel absolutely
Fantastic value (in fact I don't kow how they can do it for the price)
Well done Templestow managment and staff
Happy New Year to you all
Derrick & cynthia Hopkins (room 39)
Swansea

• Stayed: January 2010
1  Thank trixietosh

Thank you for bringing your group and thank you for the glowing review.

Reviewed July 29, 2009

excellent entertainment every night,good service from staff.convenient location.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vchidzey

Thank you for the comments.

Reviewed July 5, 2009

Stayed here for 4 nights from the 29th June. The hotel was very good, food and staff service were excellent.The entertainment every night was first class, from singers to comedians ,all very good.We had rooms on the top floor, which caused us problems as we had 2 people in our party with mobility problems and the lift broke down twice for several hours, leaving us stranded! So that was a big problem for us, as we had told the staff(at Majestic head office in Teighmouth) when booking that were we a party with mobility problems and we were surprised to find ourselves on the top floor? We asked to change but were told there were no vacant rooms, not sure about that as they had a board outside advertising rooms and walk in rates? The bedrooms themselves were clean but quite shabby furnishings, though I have to say the refurbished rooms on the ground floor were absolutely lovely with walk in power showers and wet room.So I would advise to book a room on the ground floor for they are the best and theres no problems with lifts breaking down. i have to say though that the Hotel offers excellent value for money and I would stay again.

5  Thank catloverTrowbridge

Thank you for the review. All the bedrooms are now refurbished. The lift has been replaced. The entertainment is better than ever. We take your comments to heart and try to give the best experience for the best price. Thanks again.