“Nice Food Good sized Portion”
Review of Jia Wang

Jia Wang
Ranked #193 of 372 Restaurants in Torquay
Reviewed September 25, 2018

We decided to try Jia"s Wang ( No pun intended) and found the food to be of a good quality, We had special fried rice and there was plenty of Pork and Chicken and we did ask that we didn't get any prawns and the order was spot on. This restaurant also takes card which is handy to note and they seem to close on a Monday which is handy as our usual shuts on a Tuesday so now we have a plan B if we want a Chinese on a Tuesday evening

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

We moved To Torquay 2 weeks ago, and after a busy day working on our house decided to have a Chinese takeaway. We had seen the Jia Wang and decided to go there. As strict pescatarians, we agreed we would never have meat in our new home. I ordered the king prawn chow mein, and Mark ordered the king prawn curry. When I got home, I tipped the food onto a plate, and took a mouthful. To my horror, my chow mein contained chicken instead of prawns.
I immediately drove back to return it and was told I had ordered chicken. I disagreed and was told they had no prawn chow mein. I asked for a refund and the server told me he would get me a prawn one made, but he had only charged me for chicken and I would have to pay extra, which I couldn’t do as I had left my wallet at home. After a lot of arguing, they eventually refunded me, but I will never go back after such appalling service and attitude.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

We live within a mile of 'Jia Wang' and we order from there at least once a week. The food is ALWAYS excellent and cooked & ready to pick up inside 30 minutes. I have to agree with another reviewer that the crispy beef in chilli sauce is the best I've ever had - Crispy but in a lovely sauce without being soggy. We got them to deliver on Friday for the first time and the meal arrived hot within 60 minutes. The £9 Hot Platter starter with a bit of everything is also delicious and great value. My one complaint is that for some reason I don't like their 'Egg Fried Rice' which is a very brown, slightly stodgy, short grain rice. So I just buy the Uncle Ben's or Tilda microwaveable 'EFR' from Sainsbury @ £1.55 and stick it in the microwave while I unpack the takeaway. All in all a really GREAT takeaway (Trust me - I've lived here 15 years and tried the lot!)

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Fabulous Chinese takeaway. This place is spotlessly clean and the food we had was delicious. Best crispy chilli beef ever. I loved it

Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

While on the family holiday we decided we fancied a take away, after looking on trip advisor I was sceptical as only 1 review, the food was lovely & a very clean establishment, I would recommend Jia Wang to anyone as a fantastic meal