“A pleasant surprise”
Review of Serendipity - CLOSED

Serendipity
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We're a local, dog friendly restaurant that specializes in Tapas and wine, as well as providing classic English lunch time meals. Positioned at the bottom of Torquay Town, and a five minute walk from the beach, we provide the perfect hideaway for anyone looking to escape the hustle and bustle for a few hours. Come in and help yourself to a comfy sofa, a newspaper and some of our commended coffee and nibbles!
Reviewed February 17, 2017

Decided to give this establishment a try because my husband and I wanted a light, snack lunch.

We we greeted upon entry and made to feel welcome (by, I assumed, the husband of the owner). Being the only ones in there, we were served immediately.

It was nice and clean inside with pleasant decor.

The menu choice was not very big, but so long as you like soups, sandwiches, cakes etc, then there is nothing wrong with that.

The cooking appeared to be done on the floor above because our sandwiches were brought down by someone else.

I ordered a toasted cheese and tomato sandwich and the bread was very nice but I did find it very greasy, too much butter or something for my taste. It left me feeling a bit queasy.

My husband really enjoyed the toasted sandwich he ordered.

Reviewed January 14, 2017

Looking for a place for lunch and didn't want to go to a chain, so looked around and choose Serendipity. Good choice, friendly couple who run it, good food, sandwiches and hot drinks, very tasty, and good service. All in all glad we dropped in, would go back if in the area again

Reviewed December 28, 2016 via mobile

Very pleasant for lunch or afternoon tea. Dog friendly and get welcomed by Charlie the Chocolate Labrador. Very friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed November 12, 2016 via mobile

Went for lunch today ordered a blt sandwich which was smothered in butter and the bacon was cold. Partner ordered beef roll with horseradish mayo. Very thin slice of Beef came covered in gravy in the roll. Chips looked and tasted like microwave chips. Salad was not fresh. Lady working there was rude and not friendly. Would not recommend this cafe.

1  Thank Erin T
Reviewed November 5, 2016

Called in for coffee & cake. Friendly service, clean establishment & good coffee & cake. Will definitely be back when next in Torquay.