“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #50 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
Redditch
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We have just returned from Seascape Hotel on a holiday with Just Go.We couldn't fault the travel arrangements or the hotel. The staff were helpful and very cheerful, the food was excellent and if one wanted more it was given willingly. They catered for a man sitting at our table who had special dietary needs without any problem.I couldn't fault the organisation at meal times, there was plenty of space and the waitresses were quick and very pleasant.Would certainly be our choice for another holiday in Torquay.

Room Tip: Room on the first floor was very good, quiet and good view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sylvia B
Michelle L, Manager at Seascape Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear Reviewer

Thhank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I am very happy that you found the staff to be efficient and the food to a high standard. We always try to ensure our guests have a lovely holiday and its always nice to have a positive review.

We hope that you come & visit us agian soon.

Many thanks & Kind Regards

M Lyons

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2011

The hotel was within walking distance of the sea front, 15 mins walk, we are pensioners and it took us 40mins to return to the hotel, we could have got on a bus and traveled free with our passes.
About 10mins walk to the shops.
The hotel did have creaking floorboards but it wasn't a problem.
It was clean and nicely decorated, the staff helpful.

At breakfast we had to order the evening meal, this caused much merriment on our table, we were sharing with two women who enlivened our meal times, the soup was the only awful course, it was powdered and not mixed in properly, I only had that once.

The other starters were good, the vegetables were fresh and tasty, as were the potatoes and chips. I ate mainly salads, they were crisp and fresh.
The puddings were usually served with custard, lovely sponges. I had gateau one evening and the waitress got me icecream, so we could get variations.

The entertainment in the evenings wasn't very good, but we did have a coach trip to the theatre at Babbacombe to see 'Heatwave'.... it was Excellent... I have never laughed so much, thoroughly enjoyed that.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 53 very very quiet
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank appletree80
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a positive review. We do our best to ensure our guests enjoy thier stay with us.
We always try to improve the hotel where needed the soup is now only made from from fresh produce and we have also had a few new entertainers performing for us.

Thanks again we hope to see you again.

Ilkley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I am not sure that we were staying at the same hotel as others who had previously stayed at the Seascape Hotel because we found that our 4 night stay here last week was real value for money.
The breakfast and 4 course dinners were more than adequate, from both the quality and quantity aspect (and I am big guy who enjoys his food!!!).
The service in the dining room was excellent and I found all the staff to be polite and efficient.
With regards to squeaking floorboards, yes they were evident but if you want to avoid these then expect to pay considerably more for your stay in a 4 star hotel or a solid floor in more modern hotels.
We were on a coach tour operated by Urquart Travel and we would certainly travel with them to this hotel again

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank HofIlkley
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for your review, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate that you took the time to review the hotel.

We hope to see you on an Urquharts tour again in the near future

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2011

the bathroom only contained a toilet and a shower and my husband said where do i shave oh well look over there at the bottom of the bed oh my its a sink to wash in and to also wash your coffee cups in not good as for dinner 1st night i had what sounded nice steak and ale pie NOT it was soggey pastry and tined meat and my husband had a quarter of a mackrel fillet next day you could only have tom and mushroons every other day and for dinner fishpie was so dry and sunday was beef or pasta which was also dry. and the pillows on the bed were so hard i had to go and buy my own make what you want of these comments the barman only spoke on the last day as he thought he would get a tip

Room Tip: we were on the ground floor
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Janet V
Dear Reviewer

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, however i would like to take this oppertunity to stress that NO tinned meat is used within this establishment we have all our FRESH meat delibvered daily by our local butcher (LG Palk).
As for the breakfast choices it does clearly state on the bottom of the menu that the extras of the day are the chefs choice, which we alternate as not every guest wants to eat tomatoes or mushrooms daily.
If you had reported any problems with your pillows to either the recption or your room attendant they would have gladly changed them for you.

Regards

M Lyons

Travellers are raving about these Torquay hotels

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2011

stayed for 5 nights with just go holidays room very clean if a little small, food was good first 2 nights then went downhill every thing was served using all the leftovers I know they cant afford to waste food but you could predict what would be on the menu with what was left over the bathroom was very tiny know where to put anything , I could understand what people meant about squeking floorboards ,reception /management a bit dffhand.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank yellow2947
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for you review I am sad to hear that you found the food to be poor towards the end of your stay, however we do not use left overs and the food is cooked fresh by chefs on a daily basis.
I do understand the floor boards creak but you do have to appreciate that the building is over 100yrs old.

West Midlands
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Avoid like the plauge, freezing cold room & restaurant, ignorrant staff (I actually walked out of the restaurant and went hungry one evening as I waited so very long to be attended to) staff just passed me by! God forbid should you wish to have two sausages on your plate for breakfast as apposed to the one you are allowed, you will be told "NO" in no uncertain terms! Portions are so small a child would starve and Im not a big eater. Overall I would not return to this place if my life depended on it, stay here at your own peril is all I can say.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
7 Thank Annie D
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for you review, however i must stress that the restaurant staff are not ignorant would not just pass you by and even when we have 100 guests seated within the restaurant all 3 courses are served by 7.30pm at the latest, thats 1 hour to have starter, main course and dessert so i fail to see how you could possibly go hungry.
The portion sizes are not 'child-size' and we have no problem in guests requesting extras!
I have said in my previous reviews the staff are very efficient and this is also clear in many of the other guests reviews.

Regards

Reviewed 10 July 2011

What a great little hotel the rooms are very clean and warm the food hall is very clean and the staff are 10 out of 10 one lovey team of staff I would come and stay again

Mr n thorn and miss e Mynett

• Stayed June 2011
7 Thank Hulkgoro
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for such a lovely review we do appreciate your comments, short yet sweet!!

We do hope you will return to see us again.

Many Thanks