All reviews single room some tlc short break tea and coffee nothing too much trouble cannot fault town centre bingo harbour
Reviewed November 27, 2017

Stayed on the 24th of November. We loved it from start to finish.Very friendly and helpful staff / service. Rooms comfy and warm. Clean throughout. Great entertainment. Good food. Very reasonable bar prices. Close to a cash machine and corner shop. Amazing Chinese restaurant opposite.
All in all OUTSTANDING value for money all round. Will deffo be returning on a regular basis.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 21
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sdcurnow1967
Reviewed November 20, 2017

The location is great a 10 minute walk to seafront and shops. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. The food is very good with a varied menu. The reception area is very welcoming. Now to the rooms, they are basic and need updating but clean. The bed linen and towels are clean. Comfortable beds etc. What do people expect for a 2 star hotel and for the price you pay. I thought it was great . As long as you have a clean bed and clean room and good food what more do you want?

Room Tip: Quieter rooms at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Helen T
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

On arrival no on site parking and greeted by receptionist who needed fetch some one to book us in. Payment was required at booking in. Advised on our room number and headed up. Entering room all seems fine very basic and putt dated but suffice an over night stay for the cost, noted tv was not flat screen but old school far back model dated around 1985. Bad checked and blood found on pillow room change requested and sent to another room. A little more updated and suitable. Bed was nice and firm slept ok. Breakfast was a 30 minute time window and was menu driven with a few choices. Toast arrived with coffee, old fashioned and so was the traditional breakfast with limited choice, clearly European holidays have spoilt me. Overall you get what you pay for and would probably suite a stag or hen do better.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Scott K
Reviewed November 13, 2017

Nice hotel old decor but friendly staff and nice hot food make up for it
Package included 3 free drinks each named brands .
Entertainment was enjoyable both nights
Down side was awful bed really uncomfortable
We had room 24 Don't stay there the room next door I was like having the people in with us
Their bed was against our wall so you could hear every thing they said
I had to go to ask them to turn music down which they did
We went with David Urghart Keith was the lovely driver
I would go back but must have better bed

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank cheyenne55
Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

Yes this building is dated as I have read in reviews, however it has beds, a place to wash and provides a lovely breakfast and evening meal. This for me and my family was all I needed while I explored Torquay for the weekend.

The staff who work at this hotel are very friendly and welcoming and will do all they can to help. Food is waiter/waitress service and the selection of food is good and arrives promptly and hot.

The entertainment was enjoyable we had a singer and disco plus on our stay two tribute acts. The walk into Torquay town in downhill and takes about 10 minutes however there is a bus that stops near hotel.

Would I stay here again ... yes!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family