All reviews single room some tlc short break tea and coffee nothing too much trouble cannot fault town centre bingo harbour
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

Went for the Spice Girls Tribute and the hotel was just what we wanted ..a room to lay our heads after a few drinks in town..dated and due a very much update but it's clean, friendly and the breakfast was just enough ..again very friendly staff ..

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Just arrived back from The Burlington we went on a 5 day trip with David Urquhart travel . Would like to start with our driver Neal he was fantastic all week very professional and friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is stuck in a time warp aka the 70 s/80s . On our arrival we commented there was no TV remote we were told it must of been stolen and to use our finger lol . The rooms are very stuffy we never shut window while we were there . The bathrooms are very small and very pink . No hairdryer the net curtain only went halfway down the window . Sheets were clean more than could be said for duvet cover. On a lighter note food was good waitress service at breakfast and evening meal . If you like lager get bottled . There is entertainment on every night and bingo . A holiday is what u make of it and you certainly get what you pay for at The Burlington.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights, a few issues but friendly, clean, and nice breakfast. Breakfast was between 0830 to 0900, a small timeframe yes but it did make u get up and out earlier without lazing in bed wasting the day. It didnt mean it had to be eaten by 9am though! Beds comfy. Our shower didn't drain away very quickly but that can happen anytime, you never know what stupid things guests try and flush away! The thing with guests is that they really want luxury but don't want to pay for it and then moan when the budget hotel isn't luxury lol. Also if people run a place down unnecessarily and put people off, how are they expected to make the money needed for improvements, its a viscous circle. All in all a good stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank jecarro46
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

So recently stayed here with a friend for 2 nights whilst down for an engagement party. On first glance the hotel was a bit dated but clean enough, after all it was only a place to sleep and free breakfast to line our stomachs. Only a half hour window for breakfast was slightly annoying but hey ho we were up anyway. Whilst in the dinner room was slightly out off by some other guest borking next to us. Obviously this was not the hotels fault however was not pleasant. On our walk back to the hotel the corridor just outside our room absolutely smelt vile so much so had to hold my breath smell of cigarettes, dogs and general uncleanliness. Not really sure how it could smell so bad as our room smelt clean enough. Only down side was we had to leave on the second morning about 8 so couldn’t even have a breakfast I had paid for. Probably wouldn’t stay here again until it has had a remodel. Do have to say all the staff I came across were nice enough!

4  Thank hannah_123039
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

We went to this Hotel to stay overnight as we were going to the Theatre.
The cleaner suggested we open the windows on going into our rooms,so this should have been the first alarm.
The rooms smelled so bad it made us urge.
All the carpets were dirty and the edges had thick dust and dirt.
Besides the entire Hotel needing a complete overhaul the level of cleanliness was appalling.
The bathrooms had dirty sinks. In one room the shower had broken and was laying in the bath. In the other room the shower cubicle was dirty and the drain was clogged.
The bathroom doors had splash marks where something had been spilt over them.
The rooms had cobwebs,the bedding was dirty. There were also bugs on and under the pillow cases.
One room had a damp patch on the ceiling and a shelf beside the bed was broken with a piece of metal left sticking out.
The curtains were dirty and the window frames were mouldy.
There is no lift and there was no offer of assistance with bags and I am disabled.
I asked the receptionist to come to look at the room, as there were too many issues to photograph.The receptionist declined saying "I can imagine".
The receptionist rang the manager to get me a refund as there was no way we could stay. The manager asked to speak to me saying he'd had a long day and "I have no intention on returning for you". It was 6:45pm.
He refused to refund my money until he had discussed his commission from the booking company, even though I paid in cash.
The receptionist was very honest and told me that this was not the first time anyone left for the same reasons.

6  Thank Pauline L