“Nev and Dave Brooks visit to Torquay”

Crimdon Dene Guest House
Ranked #59 of 150 Torquay B&B and Inns
York, United Kingdom
“Nev and Dave Brooks visit to Torquay”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My brother and I visited Torquay for the annual CAMRA member's weekend and AGM at the Riviera complex.

I pre-booked this hotel for its location and the comments of other peoples reviews.
We were not disappointed. Excellent place to stay excellent hosts and food top rated.

John even took us to the railway station as we were running late on our return journey to Yorkshire. Don't bother with the rest - go to the best you will enjoy.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Without a doubt this is a very comfy safe place to stay. You are able to safely park your car. The accommodation is spotless with everything you need. Breakfast lovely nothing is too much trouble. It was a pleasure to return here for another visit and I look forward to coming again.

Room Tip: Just come, relax and enjoy
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Absolutely fantastic place, stumbled across it by chance and were totally delighted with it.

More of a traditional guest house than your modern offerings but wonderful attention to detail and fastidiously clean.

Breakfast a delight and John and Margaret were always willing to please.

Lovely people, lovely place!!

Thank you.... Chris and Ben

• Stayed February 2012
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2011

The bacon wasn't quite crispy enough for my liking, the bed was a bit squeaky, and the shower could have had a bit of a stronger flow. That's it. I tried really hard to find fault, but these were the only faults I could come up with. The other 99 per cent was faultless. The room was spotless and warm - and I was given a free upgrade to a double. It was very quiet, and what with the comfortable bed, I slept really well. It was only a short walk from the beach, the town and the station. The price was excellent. But of course, what made it so nice was the lovely hosts and the wonderful breakfasts. Margaret was friendly (but not in your face) and very helpful, taking trouble to answer my queries. I didn't see much of John, but he seemed to be a sweetie. I wished I had more room at breakfast to do justice to the selection. As it was, I thoroughly enjoyed the fresh fruit starter (including melon, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries) and the delicious yogurts, and by the time I'd had my (hot) toast and marmalade, I could barely walk. I stayed at the Grand last year, but this was much much MUCH preferable. Margaret and John really know how to run a B & B!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank MadameMaigret
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Crimdon Dene was spotless, very comfortable, close to the beach and town centre. The proprietors Margaret and John were very friendly and helpful. A really good choice for breakfast and really can't fault the place. Would definitely stay there again!
Val Jones, Scarborough, N. Yorks.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I would recommend a visit to the Crimdon Dene any time.

Margaret and John are attentive without being intrusive.
My bedroom was comfy, spotless and had all I wanted for a short stay.
Situated near to the front and Tor Abbey, I felt completey at home and as a lone traveller safe. There is parking at the front and side.
Breakfast was delightful with plenty of choice, homemade yogurts and jams if you wanted them.
I will visit again soon.
Ann Parry Birmingham

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We visited Torquay in August this year and decided to stay at the Crimdon Dene Hotel.
The hotel was lovely. The location was central to Torquay town, near the railway station, safe off road parking, quite at night and suitable for any age group.
The owners were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble.
A safe bet to stay here. :0)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple