1,108 results
All reviewsclub roomfree taxi servicesix coursesedwards coachesgb tourscourse evening mealsea viewsorbeton arrivalcoach partiesfirst classcoastal pathmince piesspa areaevening entertainmentstandard roomthe general manager
Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

I cannot believe this is only rated as three star! Definitely needs revisiting in my opinion.

A beautiful hotel, spotless and gorgeous facilities and views.

Came for a spa day and could not fault it. The therapist was fantastic, i was so relaxed and she was knowledgable and incredibly professional - made some great recommendations for my skin. I will be returning next month for another treatment.

The hotel itself is beautifully presented and the terrace restaurant has incredible sea views. The lunch was phenomenal and the tea and cake superb.

The staff were all very friendly and approachable.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Michael S, General Manager at The Headland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2016

Dear Boogal31,

Thank you so much for your wonderful spa review, our Therapist, Sophie, will be delighted to hear these fantastic comments. The spa has been open for almost 6 months now and we are receiving a lot of fantastic comments for all our areas - our beauty room, hydro pools and sauna, steam room and plunge pool.

I do hope you will be returning to us again very soon for stay, food & drinks and more treatments and we all look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

We were invited to a six course evening meal at the Hotel and was very impressed by the quality of food and service. I require the food to be gluten free and not only was thus supplied without fuss if included GF bread and biscuits.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Michael W,

Thank you for your great review. We are delighted to have a fantastic team of chefs who freshly prepare all of our food offerings. At all times, we ensure that we cater for all dietary requirements and am very pleased to see that we are achieving this.

I do hope that you will be returning to us again very soon and we look forward to welcoming you back at any time.

Reviewed September 30, 2016

Stayed September 23rd until Monday 26th on a coach company organised break.
The weather was excellent for the stay, the hotel was very nice indeed and the staff very attentive and polite. The hotel manager greeted our coach party and provided coffee/tea etc whilst our luggage was taken to our rooms.

Our room had a sea view on the 2nd floor which we recommend. It was spacious and comfortable. A note about a blown light bulb was attended to quickly and the hotel provided a stool for use in the bathroom as the shower was over the bath and difficult to access for my wife.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms facing the sea are best
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Peter C,

Thank you so much for your great review of your stay with us. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your break with us. I do hope that you and your wife will be returning to us. Please note that should you have any issues with mobility or accessing a bath, we do have rooms with walk-in showers which can be requested.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2016

The service was excellent, there was always someone to speak to and the staff were friendly and approachable. I had a single room which was spotlessly clean, adequately sized and I had clean towels every day, room service was impeccable. The hotel is located on the tip of the headland and has a beautiful view of the bay and cliffs with a walkway into the pretty gardens and beyond. There is hotel transport into Torquay and back if required. A terrace overlooking the sea provides a relaxing space for afternoon tea or a drink in the sunshine. The food is five star, five courses for the evening meal, efficiently served by delightful waitresses and the ever present staff are friendly and helpful. I cannot fault the meals. I did find that the next door bathroom extractor fan was rather noisy.and the windows could have been cleaner but really, the over all experience at the Headland was a good one and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Room Tip: There are rooms overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Dear the0phania,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay here and that you were looked after by the team so well.

We do get our windows cleaned each month, but as you can appreciate, being so close to the sea and especially out of the sunnier months, the weather can be unpredictable and blowy around us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to us again very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 27, 2016

The setting of this hotel is lovely, all staff very friendly and efficient, food superb,5 star! we had a sea view room which was good, restaurant manager Alex was exceptional! Free taxi once a day to take you down into Torquay and return later if required. All meals served at your table which was a delight,(no bun fight!!). One little niggle is the parking, not enough car parking spaces! We will definitely return, this hotel will take some beating for food, bedrooms a little dated, could do with new beds, bathrooms good. 10 out of 10 to the owner!

Room Tip: Garden rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lynda p

Dear lynda p,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your time and that Alex offered you exceptional service - I will most definitely be passing on your praise.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind Regards.