The Headland Hotel
US$103
US$85
  • Beachfront
US$96
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,010 results
All reviewsclub roomfree taxi servicesix coursesedwards coachesgb tourssea viewcourse evening mealsorbeton arrivalcoach partiesfirst classcoastal pathmince piesevening entertainmentstandard roomthe general managerturkey and tinsel break
Reviewed August 15, 2017

Another lovely stay at the headland. Used the beauty facility and treated myself to a manicure lovely a real treat and would definitely recommend.
Thanks to Neil for stepping in for BINGO! Shame he was not able to call my numbers and well done for the last minute entertainment.
Restaurant service improved greatly when Norgi came to the helm, new staffing just a little overwhelmed on the first night, which is understandably and was soon addressed by Neil and his team
Rooms excellent, staff great as always.
Recommend a Club room and if you can take a walk down the coastal path to Torquay, but Taxi back!
Can't wait to come back

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Duchy H, Manager at The Headland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.
I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience with us at the hotel and I have passed your comments onto the team.

We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Nordi Hani
Deputy Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 14, 2017

The staff and the view were wonderful. However the room was basic. Beds very comfortable but the bathroom made us feel dirty. Soap and lotion in dispensers, holes in the link, old shower, flush on the loo so old showed wear marks on the handle. No tissues, no dressing gowns, no fridge/mini bar, the headboards fro it going from twin beds to a double left apart and so a pink wood chip pink paint strip left between the beds on the wall. Shower was poor. The view was fab from room 141 though.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline M
Duchy H, Duchy Hotel Manager at The Headland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Dear Caroline m

Thank you for leaving a review. I am very glad you enjoyed our views, and that our staff made your stay a pleasant one.

As the hotel is under new ownership we will be working on upgrading our bedrooms in the near future. Once the hotel becomes less busy after the summer season we will continue with these works.

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last night,lovely quiet setting when we arrived also very fast check in,then upto the room 172 2nd floor.The room was clean a bit dated and had a tired bathroom and very squeaky floorboards but the view across the bay thru the window made up for it..Very good points the downstairs bar terrace and vista are fantastic we had afternoon tea whilst gazing across the bay,also the 3 hydro pools are best ive seen very hard fast flowing jets nice and warm a great plus.We had a lovely 6 course dinner where Ross our young waiter catered for what ever we wanted the food was very well presented and very tasty.The bad bits no iron in the room also there was a wedding going on outside on the terrace which over powered the outdoor area ( this should have been mentioned prior to booking we didnt mind so much but i did notice people complaining at reception this morning).Breakfast was very good everything you wanted was there! All in all alot of older couples stay at this hotel we would book again if there was no functions booked while we were staying.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heyridgesunbuddies

Dear heyridgesunbuddies

Thank you for your very kind review. It is excellent to hear you enjoyed your stay so much particularly our new gallery lounge and terrace. I will pass on you lovely comments to Ross who is an asset to our team.

In relation to the wedding we will be working harder to communicate with our guests in advance about function's at the hotel during there stay.

we very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Our bedroom number was 125, this should be used as a storage room not a guest room.....As the room was under the restaurant we we're woken up every morning around 7:00am by the staff setting up for breakfast. We went out most of the time, but the day we went back early (2:00ish) We had to put up with the noise from a wedding reception going on. In my opinion this should not be used as a guest room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank alancW5303KO

Dear W5303KO

I am very sorry you were not happy with your stay. Room 125 is used on a regular basis and this is surprising you feel it is not suitable for guests. We will be communicating better with guests in advance about functions during there stay at the hotel to improve guest satisfaction.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

We stayed two nights in one of their "Royal" rooms. It had stunning views over the bay, the bed was comfortable and the shower / bath were great.

There was no fridge or iron in the room, which would have been a nice addition. For a spa hotel I'd expect more than just a wall mounted soap dispenser in the shower and for the wash hand basin.

Breakfast was a little slow for service and I had to go up to get our fruit juice but everything else was brought to my table and very nice.

And now the bad bit. For one of their 3 best rooms I was amazed that at about 7am the [I assume] kitchen extractor which was outside our window was turned on and woke us up, very unimpressed!

Further, the first night, a Friday, we discovered that an early night was not going to be a peaceful one, our room was directly above the 'Gallery Lounge' and bar, where the pub singer style evening entertainment could be heard quite clearly, even with all windows closed [and we wanted them open to get a little breeze into our non-air conditioned room].

The 2nd night we were guests at a wedding reception, and were quite happy to stay up to midnight with the loud music, but I feel for all those hotel guests that didn't want to hear it! I hope they were forewarned - I highly recommend you ask what functions are on before you book! I know that some of the guests complained of the noise. We were at the wedding reception and even we felt it was too loud!

This hotel is starred as 3, and it's certainly only that. But it is priced at a 4 star at least I reckon, previous experience of spa hotels are that they are aimed at the more discerning client, The Headland is aimed at the mass market coach trade I feel.

I won't stay again.

Spa not visited.

Oh - parking is terrible. Limited tight parking spaces in front of the hotel, otherwise 1st come 1st served with the on-street parking. Be prepared to walk with your suitcases.

Room Tip: Ask what functions are one, and get a room away from them
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jonpee

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry you were not entirely satisfied with your stay, but very glad you enjoyed many aspects of your visit. We will be working on improving communication with guests staying about functions booked in the future to improve customer satisfaction.