All reviews lovely property stayed here family room main road number bus relaxing stay full english good size nothing is too much trouble warm welcome town centre room was spotless mini break long weekend minute walk home from home breakfast was excellent
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

This was a great stay. Owners are soooo nice and really do go out of their way to help you. Was going to come back but ended up staying in North Devon to surf. Clean rooms, great location and breakfast , I was concerned because it was on a busy road however around 1130 the road goes quiet and I'm a light sleeper but slept through no problems so don't be put off by this. Parking at the hotel and also on the main road and side roads - lovely view from the hotel too.
Will be going back in September

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Firstly the room was acceptable but on a very noisy road. Perfectly situated for buses and exploring, this is definitely a B & B not a hotel. No top sheet on bed just a heavy old duvet which is not acceptable. We were told towels would not be changed unless you paid extra so our dirty towels were picked up off the floor, folded and put back on the beds; lucky us!! Not good when your stay is for 1 week. YES all the reviews state hosts are helpful but none mention that you never know when breakfast is; as they decide on the day....very unfair and making guests hang around hungry until 9am or after..very unprofessional. Renovations needed to bring it in line with modern demands of the guests. Carpets are well worn. Lack of storage in room, little ventilation, stingy breakfast and no clean towels make this ideal only for just a couple of nights on a budget

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful holiday thanks to Claire and Stuart for making us so welcome. Fabulous breakfasts,nothing was too much trouble.Always asking if we needed any more.Thank you once again Claire and Stuart you made our holiday.
Ian and June

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2018

Booked two nights in May and was so impressed, booked a third! Even being situated on a busy road, had a fairly good nights sleep. Cleanliness, location and service could not be faulted in any way. In a word - Superb!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

I stayed For a long weekend from Fri 18th to Mon 21st. The purpose of my visit was to visit a colleague of mine that had recently moved to the area and my intention was to socialise and enjoy the nightlife. It was apparent to me that I want the type of guest the owners normally cater for, however, their service and attitude was sublime throughout. I was given adequate privacy and excellent assistance in equal measure. The room was beautifully layed out and the service at breakfast was exceptional. The location is ideal, a short 10 minute walk from the pier and the option of taking a local bus route where the stop is conveniently placed outside the residence. I cannot recommend Ashwood Grange highly enough.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends