“Very, Very Good” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 153 Torquay B&B and Inns
Sherborne, United Kingdom
“Very, Very Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed here for only two nights over the week-end and could not find any fault with it at all, good bed in a nice room and a large choice on the breakfast menu, the owners Adam and Grant were on hand to anwser any questions and point you in the direction of some good restaurants, will be going back at some time for a longer stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Absolutely lovely room. Very comfortable bed. Friendly owners. I would highly recommend this little place. Nothing negative at all to say.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed here over the Easter weekend and had a great time. Very friendly reception and owner. very nice room, spacious with good bathroom and facilities. Very clean with great little additional touches like sweets in the room and Easter eggs for all and a great breakfast too. The owner has great suggestions for restaurants and bars which I suggest you follow and they all proved right. We had a fun stay and would definitely return

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but only one family room I think
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I traveled to The Somerville with my boyfriend after a colleague at work could no longer go. I could not fault this B&B in any way. We were greeted by Grant (I think) and we were shown where the fresh milk and freshly baked cookies were before being taken to our room. Such a comfortable, friendly, hospitable place. We were also advised on the best places to eat and drink, seeing as we were there for the Easter Break. I seriously cannot fault this B&B at all and I and my boyfriend have traveled extensively throughout the world. The customer service was second to none, and I loved the fact that on Easter Sunday there were so many easter eggs and chocolates laid out on the table near the front door in a wonderful presentation that my boyfriend thought he'd gone to heaven (unfortunately I'm not much of a chocolate eater so he had my share!) . Please don't hesitate to book the Somerville..... you will not be disappointed.

Wells
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

This is one hotel that is not being exagerated about on trip advisor. It is supremely comfortable, recently modernised and the rooms are very impressive. The staff could not be more helpful, we followed their recomendations on local restaurants and were never disappointed. The breakfasts were fantastic and with low food miles guilt free! The hotel is just a few minutes walk from Torquay harbour and there are plenty of local attractions to keep you busy. I will definately be staying again

Room Tip: Ask for the somerville suite
Staffs. UK.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I couldn't really fault this place, Great location, great service, nice room and fantastic breakfast.
What makes a hotel stand out in a crowded market is good management and attention to detail, this place is well run and someone has paid a great deal of attention to the detail. The greeting was excellent, I was taken to the "Garden Suite" and every detail of the room(s) explained.The hospitality tray was great, and fresh cookies were available in the foyer, I loved the oversize bath and complete with TV, and the bed was amazingly comfortable.The breakfast was one of the best I have ever had in a hotel. I stay in hotels most weeks, and I usually can't wait to check out, but with this one I honestly wanted to stay for the week !.
Brilliant - get the next train to Torquay !

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Divasoulqueen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My partner treated me to a few days in Devon to celebrate the above. We brought along our 5 month old son too! They supplied a lovely travel cot with clean bedding, that my son simply loved! My partner honestly, could have not done better! I have to say that The Somerville was the best B&B I've EVER stayed at. It was first class service all the way. From our greeting (which informed us of complimentary cookies) to the suite we stayed in and the breakfast in the morning. I could not fault this establishment if I tried. The decor is flawless, they've thought of every item you could possibly need. The finishing touches in the bathroom were so welcomed. Having stayed in a suite, there was TV in the bathroom, which is the epitome of luxury in my book. The breakfast was superior to any breakfast weve eaten (and we've eaten a few) everything was quality, and every mouthful had me saying 'Mm mm, good'. You will NOT be disappointed with your stay here, don't hesitate. Book. We shall definitely return when our little fella is a little older.

Room Tip: Go for a suite if you want that 'extra bit'
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family