All reviewswould stay againsea frontfull english breakfastnice breakfastexcellent value for moneyfeel very welcomestayed for nightsthe ground floorenjoyed our stayfriendly hostsshort breaklittle gema great place to staycomfy bedfantastic stayyogurtkaren
Reviewed July 5, 2016 via mobile

Stayed for five nights. Met by a lovely hostess, who made sure we had everything we needed. Neat rooms, great breakfast and super location. Walking distances to the seafront and city center. Definately staying there again if we are in Torquay.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marianne S
Karen H, Owner at The Lawnswood Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2017

Thank you for your lovely comments hopefully I will see you again. It's always a pleasure when I get such good feedback from my guest's.

Reviewed June 3, 2016 via mobile

We arrived just after 4pm and had our van parked in front opposite of guest house. We had room 1 (double bed) on first floor facing the rear and room 4(twin beds) on first floor facing front. The twin bedroom is spacious and deco is very soothing. We stayed for only one night and David prepared our vegetarian breakfast which consist of poached eggs, baked beans & hash brown with tomatoes and button mushrooms at 8:30am. There's fruit juices, hit tea/coffee, yogurt and cereals to choose from besides the main dish. It's really good serving coming from just a guest house.
Only setback was we had to climb up stairs with our luggage.the twin room does not have Aircon but with the windows slide up open a bit welcomes the cool breeze. The bathroom was the tiniest I've ever seen.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank NymLoh
lawnswoodtorquay, Owner at The Lawnswood Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2016

I'm glad you enjoyed your short stay with us.

just to clarify a couple of your points;

you were helped with your luggage up the 12 steps to the first floor. You make it sound like mount Everest. not what it actually was.
Air-con ? i'm not aware of any guest houses or hotels (only the most modern and expensive in the uk) that have air-con.

Reviewed March 22, 2016

Dave the owner was extremely friendly, welcoming and very informative. The bedrooms were spotless, nice temperature, and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfasts were outstanding, freshly cooked to order every morning, also with fruit, cereal and yogurt available also. Very good value. Bus stop close by. Taxi service available by private hire was 3rd cheaper than taxis of the rank, and much more professional.

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed December 31, 2015

I have stayed here for five weeks while I Have been in the pantomime in the Princess Theatre, My host David Brown and his Family and staff, have made me feel right at home. My room was very comfortable with everything I needed, a good range of fruit fruit juices ect, plus an excellent cooked breakfast,

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2015

Another comfortable stay at Lawnswood and the usual warm, friendly welcome from David. My wife was suffering from a back problem so we were swiftly moved to a room with a firmer mattress - excellent service.
After cereals,the excellent full English breakfast is served piping hot with tea/coffee & toast.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple