All reviews raf club would stay again room was clean excellent breakfast a lovely stay sea front feel very welcome full english breakfast excellent value for money stayed for nights the ground floor enjoyed our stay friendly hosts short break little gem a great place to stay yogurt
Reviewed September 13, 2017

Went away for my birthday and this was our second stop for the weekend, we were not disappointed karen was a great host the room was amazing and the breakfast that she cooked was lovely will definitely be back.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karen H, Owner at The Lawnswood Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Thank you for your lovely comments, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here at the lawnswood guest house, hope to see you again. Many thanks karen

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I spent one night at this a B&B , to see a show in Torquay.

Karen is a lovely Lady and did a fantastic breakfast and sorted out our room even though I'd made a mistake on the booking and said it was only one person instead of two.

The room was comfortable but was in inspiring the window was a oblique and went onto a courtyard. The bathroom was very small and my husband is 6'3 had trouble getting in the shower and sink was in the room.

This aside we were only there for one night and made to feel very welcome but I would not have liked to have spent any longer in that room

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karen H, Owner at The Lawnswood Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Thank you for your comments, I think you would of been better off in room 4, but as it was already booked this wasn't an option. I know there isn't a view out of the window and the bathroom's are only small but this is reflected in the price you paid. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast, again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights at this very clean guest house. Full English breakfast fantastic. Karen is a great host and very friendly and always ready to help. Would certainly return. Short walk to Marina with lots of lovely places to eat there.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karen H, Owner at The Lawnswood Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2017

Thank you for your lovely comments, your welcome to come back any time it was a pleasure glad you enjoyed your stay here at the lawnswood. Again thank you. Karen.

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night and cannot fault this place at all. We had the ground floor room which was beautifully decorated and very clean. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Good location for the sea front and harbour. Would highly recommend and we would definitely stay here again

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karen H, Owner at The Lawnswood Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2017

Thank you for your lovely comments, it was a pleasure having you here at the lawnswood guest house, hope you come again. Many thanks Karen

Reviewed August 22, 2017

My teenage son and I stayed one night, the hotel and room was clean and well presented, Karen was very friendly and made us feel welcome. But...bathroom was tiny, as were the twin beds, these were more suitable for a child, they were very narrow. Would have been fine in a family room but not at all suitable for adults.
Also the 45 minute breakfast slot from 8:30 was a surprise - good breakfast though!-

• Trip type: Travelled with family