See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 24, 2016 via mobile

I stayed in September and everything are so weird I felt like in horror movies I had a feeling that owner whatcha on us maybe they have some secret rooms or back mirrors????bewere they are rude and weird

Date of stay: December 2015
Reviewed September 28, 2015 via mobile

Me and the girlfriend, and another couple stayed for a night on Saturday! First impressions aren't too good however we had paid and decided it would do for the night! Be warned this is not just a B and B, it actually had people living there as well (foreigners)! They walk around during the day in dressing gowns and this makes you fell vey uncomfortable to say the least! I don't often let things bother me, but I felt this wasn't exceptable. The rooms are quite dated and one of them had mirrors all over the back wall!
The owner was very hectic and you always had the impression he was watching you! (Maybe behind the mirrors)! I would certainly not stay here ever again, and advise anybody the same!

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank nickcheryl
Reviewed July 26, 2015 via mobile

Recently stayed there for 2 nights. Yes we paid as soon as we got there before seeing the room. Which i was not bothered about. We had been trying to book a hotel for days as we was going to an event in plymouth. All the hotels at plymouth were full or wanted £100 - £150 per night.

As we traveled to plymouth both days. We didnt really spend much time in the hotel. Room was nice clean and tidy. Not too dated but not luxurious. Perfect for just what we needed. Own on suite with shower. Shower round the edges could of been cleaner. Bed comfy. The room we had a little on the small side, but not too much of a problem for us. We didnt have breakfast there. We ate else where. Not far from torquay sea front or town centre. Managed to get a trip round there. The harbour is nice and relaxing especially on summer days. Car park a bit on the small side if you have a long car like ours. So we parked on the main road. Nothing you can do about the size of the car park though.

Read other reviews on here. People reporting there was something odd or strange or they felt watched... my partner mentioned he felt the person that owned it seemed strange and that he wanted to talk for a while. I just thought maybe it was his personality or being lonely. I never felt strange. I think my partner didnt want to talk much to him when we got there as he had just drove 250 miles and was tired. Yes i spoke to him. He was pleasent enough. Had good local knowledge. I never felt like i was being watched or that there was cameras in the room.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2015 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights, arrived late at approx 10pm, proprietor waited for us. On arrival asked to pay, went to room,as previously mentioned made a coffee but milk off so this was discarded. Didn't bother again with drinks went to the nearest costa. Room was nice, towels good, clean. Had I read reviews before, probably wouldn't have booked but having stayed there would like to say our room was okay. Other than milk being off and because my other half had read reviews,after I had booked, this made me a little paranoid. Close enough to walk to sea front,excellent food nearby. Overall good stay.

Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed March 17, 2015

There was only one thing specifically wrong with our stay, which I will come to momentarily. But overall, it was as this review title says; just a little bit odd.

The guy that checked us in was pleasant enough...but it was rather as if we were the first ever guests to stay! The whole process was 'umms' and 'ahhs' and looooong pauses....with an eventual - "oh right, you'll want to go to your room then". Well - yes, actually!

The decor is a bit dated - nothing awful, just a bit mismatched and random in the communal areas.

My one major gripe (which has brought this review down from 4* to 3*) was that the milk in our room was off. Not just a little bit out of date, but lumpy, smelly, gagging-gross out of date. I don't know how that happens to be honest - I can only presume no one who has stayed in that room has used the coffee making fascilities for months and it just hasn't been replaced. I'm maybe making too big a deal, but I really really wanted a coffee when I got in after a long day out and it was too late (10:30pm) to find anyone for a replacement.

One thing to note is that the bathroom window is single glazed which makes it quite chilly and noisy in there as our room faced a main road.

Overall a pleasant enough stay....but I still maintain it was a bit odd!

Date of stay: March 2015