“Worst Pannini”

Bamboo Sandwich and Coffee Bar
Ranked #178 of 362 Restaurants in Torquay
Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Just had a pannini made from a baguette, not genuine pannini bread. Was supposed to be ham and cheese, had a hard time finding the ham. Staff were abrasive,and they should have been wearing sterile gloves. Handling money then preparing food is unacceptable. Will not be returning.

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

I was looking forward to my little treat this morning, I'd taken my Kindle, with thoughts of a relaxing coffee in a cafe and a delicious toasted teacake ... but it was spoilt when my teacake was served to me burnt. I have been to this cafe several times, but this has now put me off returning, because if you know you've burnt something why then serve it to a paying customer. I didn't mention it at the time, mainly because the cafe was full; I was on my own, complaining would have brought attention to myself, thus spoiling my relaxing treat. Why bother anyway, they knew it was burnt when it given to me, the time to replace it was before it left the serving counter.
I ate half, but my treat out was now ruined, so I left, incredibly disappointed.

Reviewed July 15, 2017

This is a good cafe, not large so can be busy at expected peak times. For me it provides the Latte I dream of whenever I step out of the house. Good happy service makes this a very pleasant refreshment stop-over when visiting the local precint.

Reviewed August 28, 2016

Popular little cafe. We were lucky enough to get a table as it was busy around lunch (to be expected) which I guess shows it popularity with the locals. At first glance the prices i thought were reasonable for the food on offer. When we got our baguette and sandwich id say the prices were a little on the steep side. Whilst waiting for our food, I saw a member of staff quickly run out of the shop to next door to buy some coleslaw which was then used in our sandwich. i was a little shocked as I was expecting home made 'slaw for a sandwich at their price. I'd assume this might be the case with other ingredients in their food. Whilst the food and drinks were nice, £12 for 2 sandwiches and a iced coffee was a little expensive. there were plenty of staff working so service was quick and they were very polite. a wide variety of flavoured coffee's is always a plus for me is why i give this cafe 4/5. The prices and coop quality ingredients unfortunately let this cafe down.

1  Thank M O
Reviewed June 16, 2016 via mobile

Been working on the bank over the road all week felt a bit peckish so decided to pay them a visit so glad I did.. Had a bacon and cheese toasty to my surprise they actually used proper cheese & not this plastic stuff you usually get..Today with my cheese toastie & latte I decided to have some home made carrot cake what can I say it was gorgeous you must try their cakes...The staff are very polite and welcoming the cafe is absolutely spotless .. There is free on road parking opposite..