“Lovely apartment, excellent location”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
fayejoann...
Barnard Castle, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment, excellent location”
Reviewed July 9, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

I stayed here in June with my family which included 2 young children. The apartment was huge especially the master bedroom and living room, plenty of space for the children to play and the views were amazing. The house was really clean with lots of amenities we couldn't fault it, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Views and space
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
BorisNort...
Bath, United Kingdom
“Very good location, clean, with garage but be prepared for the steps!”
Reviewed September 1, 2011 for a stay in August 2011
people found this review helpful

We stayed here in August 2011 as part of our very first visit to Torquay. We paid more than the average and we received more than an average apartment (I would call it a flat, but others call them apartments!).

This ‘flat’ benefits from its own front door, which is a very nice bonus - but not as nice a bonus as the excellent and very large garage which means that the obvious parking problems suffered in the area were of no concern to us. I really feel for others staying in the other flats though, the street was full of cars day and night and spaces were VERY rare! The garage has a push button opener/closer which works very well and you could fit a tank in there it’s so big!!

Inside the flat itself are 3 bedrooms; the master one is HUGE and has great views of the harbour and the beach, a HUGE en-suite, shower, bath etc, and lots of cupboards. It also has a TV which didn't work at all for us (it’s a Freeview one and we couldn't get any signal so it was a bit pointless it being there to be honest). The second bedroom also has great views, is quite spacious (no en-suite though) and has glass doors to the hallway, which might be a bit of a problem for people sharing the flat, although there were curtains which would provide some privacy, but not for sound - so you'd need to be careful what you got up to in that room because everyone would hear :) The third bedroom wasn't used by us, well it was used by my daughter’s cuddly toys as their room, but to be honest if there were 3 couples sharing one of the couples would be very annoyed. The third bedroom has no views, is MUCH smaller, although it does have an en-suite (no bath, just shower) and if I'm honest it didn't smell very nice, a bit stale really unlike the rest of the flat. This didn’t bother us at all as we didn’t need to use that room.

The kitchen was very well equipped, but also very small. Everything is there though; washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, lots of stuff to cook with and it is open to the living area which is HUGE and also has great views. The TV is good (no Freeview problems with this one) and has a DVD player. Plenty of seating, but again perhaps not quite enough for 3 sharing couples so beware.

The living area and bedrooms 1 and 2 all open on to the balcony which is a great asset and no doubt you'll have seen this on the advert for this flat. We used it some of the time, but as the weather wasn't great we didn't spend too long out there. If the sun was out my wife would have lived out there I'm sure! It did provide an excellent position to view the fireworks over the sea which was nice.

So generally a very nice place, although it’s not cheap so I personally expected it to be very good. It is not without some problems though, although some are out of the control of the owner I imagine.

We suffered from noise from the flat above. I think they had a couple of kids who seems to run around from 8am till 8pm everyday and the noise on the ceiling of the living area was very bad. Also, the stairs to the upstairs flats went over the kitchen/living area and it was very noisy too. But as I say, not the fault of the owner just really a consequence of renting a flat in a larger building. We also had a problem with no hot water and I had to restore the pressure to the combi boiler (when filling a bath you need to open the hot tap ‘enough’ but not ‘too much’ or you just get cold water)

Overall, I'd definitely stay again (although see final comment) - I only wish the weather was a bit warmer in Torquay when we went. However, it’s not somewhere I’d recommended taking a larger party because the 3rd bedroom really is a bit of a letdown for the whole property.

Final comments; the flat is up high by the coast so there are a LOT of steps. And I mean a lot, over 100 down (and back up again!) to the harbour. Also, forgot to mention there is WiFi there which is VERY fast, about 10MB much better than most places. Last comment, the walk through the gardens was again full of steps and also a VERY strong smell of, well, dog poo!! We just walked through the garden quickly!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Views and garage so no parking problems
Liked least: Third bedroom stands out as being poor.
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing