“Excellent Burgers, Nice chips and good service”
Review of Meat59

Meat59
Ranked #8 of 353 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2016

Visited mid week after a busy day and had heard Meat would actually cook a burger medium-rare (i.e pink as a burger made from good quality beef should be to retain its juiciness) and we both had burgers - both came promptly, both cooked as they should be - apparently they are cooked using a temperature probe to ensure correct internal temperature without overcooking - a nice touch which would lead to consistency (will see next time!). My chips and my wife's sweet potato fries came perfectly cooked and seasoned in a neat little basket on the side. Decent bottle of Malbec to accompany it and altogether a great simple meal at a nice price.
We will be back.

Reviewed 9 April 2016 via mobile

The food was lovely cooked to perfection! The staff were friendly and very attentive will defiantly be back took our children with us they loved it and want to go back! Reasonably priced to!

1  Thank DJG76
Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

Better than fast food joints with almost the same prices. Loved the chicken burger I would love to come back again. Chocolate brownies are heavenly

1  Thank Khaled A
Reviewed 5 April 2016

Have eaten here so many times and always had amazing food. I love the atmosphere of the place, its very chilled out and you can see how much effort has gone into it. The menu may not be huge but everything on there is delicious - quality ingredients and really filling. Staff are always lovely too, this place is definitely one of my favourites in the bay.

1  Thank Hannah D
Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went to Meat59 on our last day in Torquay, which we found on TripAdvisor itself. We fancied something different and from reading it's reviews we thought we should try it, so we walked from the Harbour to Meat59, and that took around 10 minutes. I must say the food was faultless, and the sweet potato fries were to die for. I would recommend the BBQ pulled pork, but I would say most BBQ pulled pork dishes I have come across do usually come with bacon and cheese, which here you have to pay extra for, but the prices were still reasonable when we received the bill! My girlfriend even stated that her dish contained the "best black pudding she'd ever eaten". The only thing I would say, is on reading Meat59 we expected a bigger range of meat dishes, not just burgers. But don't get me wrong, the food was delicious!

1  Thank Christopher E