“A**************”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Totnes
Hayle, England, United Kingdom
“A**************”
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed at the hotel on Sunday 30th October, on arrival we were greated by fantastically polite staff, we enquired about an upgrade which we were given. All the staff were friendly and you could tell they enjoyed their jobs and had a real passion for what they do.
We had the Daniel Defoe suite which was stunning, very clean, very grand decor, beautiful antique furniture. whoever designed the rooms obviously takes a lot of time and effort in to it.
The food was stunning, would highly recomend. we had the three course carvery option and breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Donna M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Stratford upon Avon
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Excellent service for the entire 4 days we spent here. Nothing was too much trouble, never met an unhelpful member of staff, all remained cheerful even though they were very busy. Room were comfortable and lovely hair and shower gel and conditioner in shower room. Breafast was excellent, the best poached eggs I have had in a long time,plenty of variety, again excellent , rapid service. We had the car very meal on Sunday evening. I am usually not keen on carvers but I had roast lamb which was really good,not dry,gravy and vegetables also good not overcooked at all. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone DI sage.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Diane S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2011

booked this in desperation, all of Totnes was full so I had to opt for the expensive room, I had wanted a cosy B&B, however, this place was delightful. Great room 'Daniel Dafoe' suite, granted above the bar and a bit noisy until 11, but nothing too bad and I'd gladly pick this room again. bathroom was lovely with a jacuzzi bath and after a wet day on my feet, this bath was so fantastic. Service was lovely, double parking wasn't an issue for us, no problem at all you leave you keys with reception and they sort it all out. Breakfast was great, really nice and good service too. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed at this hotel for my daughters wedding on 3rd September. Had luckily booked our room some months ago, friends and relatives who left it a little later missed out because of the Totnes festival.
Our room was small but comfortable, fine for the couple of days we were there and perfect for the wedding. It was so easy staying at the hotel and having the ceremony and the reception there. The room for the wedding is small so the number of guests is restricted, the ballroom for the reception is large bright and modern and looked fabulous on the day. The staff were great, really helpful and very cheerful.
We had a meal for eleven friends and family the evening before the wedding which was really very nice. A good menu and a good price.
The meal at the reception was very good, not the normal reception fare!!
All in all a real success, I would certainly recommend the hotel both for a short stay and as a wedding venue. Only one problem, without air con the rooms get very, very hot. This did not affect the public rooms only the bedrooms. Idid not think the hotel was overpriced, we booked knowing the rates and were happy with what we received!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 25 August 2011

If they didn't charge so much this hotel would be a fine place to stay. Rambling and charming with helpful, friendly staff. However the breakfast kipper was microwaved making it dry and tough; the supposedly double bed was for a single person only; no soap in the teeny 'porta' bathroom; and early wake up through traffic as the room was 'on' the noisy main road. Thus I felt it was not value for money at the price charged. I enjoyed my stay though and there is a good choice of places to eat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fearnaught
Cheshire, UK
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Stayed one night here whilst on business in Devon.
This is a wonderful quirky hotel with sloping floors and ceilings but with comfortable, well furnished rooms. My room had everything I could wish for & it was nice to get good toiletries and a real hair dryer. It's refreshing to find hotel owners that don't bolt their hairdryers to the wall and actually trust their guests not to steal them.
The staff were friendly and helpful throughout the hotel and made me feel welcome. I ate in the bar and the food was delicious, as was the breakfast on the morning I left.
I don't get down to Devon that often but I would have no hesitation in staying here again if I do. It was excellent!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This Inn has been here for hundreds of years and has a fantastic atmosphere. We stayed here for 5 nights and love it. The rooms are great with lovely en suites. its located at the base of the main street and a short walk from all the attractions of the town. The staff were very helpful and tolerant of our toddler. The food was good and the breakfasts, which came with the room, were excellent. We had a great time and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank polyanthys
Also consider these accommodations in or near Totnes
0.4 km away
0.2 km away
King William IV Hotel
King William IV Hotel
#9 of 27 in Totnes

Been to Royal Seven Stars Hotel? Share your experiences!