“Good lunch ”

Ranked #162 of 832 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Price range: US$0 - US$69
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: With a fantastic menu filled with delicious innovative takes on the classics and dishes inspired by different regions of France, there's something to suit everyone. The restaurant offers a stunning interior and private courtyard for outdoor dining, and is the perfect place to meet friends or just unwind over a glass of your favourite.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We booked for lunch at Easter, service was friendly and at a reasonable pace. We really liked the chicken and beef bourguignon, not so
much the burger, which was a bit over cooked with a dry bun. We used our Tesco club club vouchers to dramatically reduce the bill too. Worth a visit when you’re next in Westbourne.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Went to Cafe Rouge in Westbourne with my husband last Sunday to celebrate our wedding anniversary We had a £30 voucher given to us as a gift by a friend
All dishes in the menu were quite pricey but we weren’t worried because we had the voucher. The waiter was friendly & attentive. For starters we had the crab & avocado Could hardly taste the crab& it was equivalent to two mouths full (around £8!)
For main my husband had mussels & I had the cod casserole (around £15/dish). Honestly my dish was a joke! It was the size of a starter: a piece of cod equivalent to the size of 2 fish fingers on a bed of tomato sauce, that was it! I asked the waiter if the chef had got it wrong. The waiter took my dish away & surprisingly came back with the same plate. Told me that it was company policy to allow only up to a certain weight for fish & meet. The poor waiter was embarrassed & offered me some potatoes to go with it. Our worse experience was when it came to pay for the bill. We presented the £30 voucher& the waiter told us he needed to talk to the manager
After about 10 minutes the manager came back saying that unfortunately he would not be able to accept the voucher because there was a serial number missing. Both my husband & I were quite shocked as it was a genuine voucher,Anyway I looked at the voucher again after all the commotion and noticed a long number written on it. Pointed that out to the waiter who again went to talk to the manager. The waiter came back very apologetic & said that yes the voucher was genuine.
The manager didn’t even bother to come to our table and apologise in person for his “mistake”. The whole experience was very embarrassing, left a sour taste in my mouth and spoiled our day. So I’m afraid no tips on the final bill and I can assure you we won’t be back!

2  Thank 333margareths
Reviewed March 18, 2018

Went with good expectations but felt let down .Our starters were below par my wifes crab and avocado tian was bland and tasteless, my crevettes were over cooked and chewy. For mains we had demi poulet which was just chicken and chips (vastly overpriced) and the duck leg with cherry sauce which was accompanied by dauphinois potatoes ,the duck was ok but the potatoes were just a solid lump of potato not creamy at all and burnt on the outside.
My wife ordered a gin and tonic which she was horrified to find it was served in an old fashioned half pint squash glass. This was changed when she complained.
My only consolation was that I used a voucher for 25% off all food. I wondered if the restaurant is struggling as the waitress gave us several vouchers for 25% off when I paid the bill needless to say we will not be using them.

1  Thank SUPERREF1
Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

We have now been to this restaurant on three occasions and each time have been thoroughly disappointed. The service is appalling, the food we received was undercooked on one occasion and the burger baps were stale. We have totally given up on this place now with each trip proving no better than the last.

1  Thank clarsmal
Reviewed February 24, 2018

Visited for a quick lunch and had the absolutely scummy Croque Madame, which I'd have again without hesitation. I've also had the Demi Poulet there and the most divine chocolate fondant dessert with raspberry pieces. Yummm! The staff are very polite and professional and the restaurant's well decorated, comfy and cosy. I'd have no hesitation in eating there again.