“Excellent - As usual. ”

La Stalla Restaurant
Ranked #167 of 835 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Price range: US$10 - US$52
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Here we are, la Stalla (meaning The Stable) is situated in Wallisdown is an Italian ristorante trattoria which serve authentic italian dishes. Since Vincenzo have taken over in November 2011, the restaurant is going from strength to strength.
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have been eating regularly at La Stalla for the last couple of years, decided I'd better leave a review!!
The owner, Vinny is a diamond. Nothing is too much trouble, always friendly and accommodating if you want to change from the normal menu.
The menu itself is excellent. Traditional Italian fare. The pizzas are great, pasta dishes are a real favourite of my wife (the lasagne is the best she's had), and I personally love the veal or steak dishes.
There are normally some specials available - always worth trying, they're excellent.
Always well cooked and well presented food, good portion sizes, and good service.
Excellent value food and sensibly priced drinks.
La Stalla is a hidden gem, our favourite restaurant, Vinny never lets us down and we'll keep going back.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

A friend and I tried this restaurant on Friday evening. The food was fantastic, well portioned and good quality.

The gent who served us made us feel welcome and was very helpful and friendly.

Overall an excellent experience for our first time here and we shall return!!!

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Despite living very close to the restaurant for many years we have never gone in before and we have not been disappointed when we did! The service was friendly and welcoming. The room had a fantastic atmosphere, most tables were constantly full, they were very busy. We had 3 courses each and the food was excellent and very much like what we have eaten in Italy. The sea bass was a particular favourite of mine and I will be returning for that. We would be happy to return with our kids. The only reason I haven't put 5 stars is there was a 30 minute wait for the bill from asking, If I could put 4 1/2 I would as they were very busy and the till was having a moment.
Our food came out at well timed intervals, no one on top of another. Loved it can't wait to return!

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

Disappointing meal on a rare date night. We felt the menu / choice was quite uninspired (old fashioned?) ...and we didn't feel particularly welcomed. What a shame staff seemed over occupied by one table of diners (whom they clearly knew) at the expense of their other customers ...

Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

We found ourselves child free which doesn't happen often so we decided to go out to eat. Having past this restaurant so many times we decided to book a table.
Sadly that was a big mistake :(
Whilst I felt sorry for the poor old guy who was our waiter, I have to wonder why he was working there? He said he was helping out & didn't uderstand Italian so we pointed to our choices on the menu!
We ordered drinks & asked for water which didn't come until we asked for it again.
Our Starters were ok. Nothing special but ok.
Our mains were awful. I'd ordered a 'Regina' pizza which was basically a pizza with ham & mushrooms. I'd asked for an egg on top as I'd seen another pizza on the menu with an egg. When it arrived, it was just a margharita with an egg the middle which had a very hard yolk. No mushrooms, no ham!
The pizza was taken away and clearly had ham & mushrooms added and was put back in the oven. It came back with burnt edges and way too crispy. Most was inedible!
My husband had a Calzone pizza. His description of it is dough with hardly any filling. That's very poor!
We both ordered dessert which again was just ok. I've certainly tasted much better Tiramisu before!
Our bill came to over £50 for the 2 of us. They knew we weren't happy and yet no apology at all. We therefore paid and left.
Never to return again........

1  Thank salmalcolm