1,059 results
All reviews roll top bath green credentials arbor restaurant eco hotel crab apple eco credentials master double room fresh milk silver birch lovely hotel wedding breakfast afternoon tea wedding party little touches new forest black pudding cooked breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve never had a bad meal in the Arbour restaurant within the Green House Hotel.

The food is quality for reasonable prices. They have a set menu fixed price deal which is worth it if you can fit 2 or 3 courses in.

They also have an excellent wine selection.

I’ve also been here before for afternoon tea and the cakes are delicious and freshly made. One of my favourite places. A hidden gem.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 3k3rry3
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here just for an excuse to get away and to try out the arbor restaurant which I’d heard was very good (it was, and I’ll review that separately.) The room was lovely, very big, clean and modern. Only real gripes are a couple of things- firstly you can hear pretty much everything going on outside the room- there wasn’t much going on on a weekday night luckily but it could be quite annoying at times. Secondly the blinds let some light in through the window so I was up as soon as the sun was. Neither of these things can really be changed, and wouldn’t put me off staying again- maybe just with earplugs and eye mask next time. Overall, lovely hotel, location and staff.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kpackham
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times on business as a preferred hotel of my company but I would choose to stay here if I was paying! Everything about it is excellent from the rooms, to the service and the quality of the food is second to none! I had the set menu but it was very varied and seasonal with the hake some of the best fish I have eaten! The pumpkin sticky toffee pudding was amazing managing to be light but also satisfying my sweet tooth! Service was great, efficient but not too over the top even apologising for my wait after 10 mins! Recommend for business or leisure. Can’t wait to come again!

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank zoeyusoof
Reviewed October 28, 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights and did enjoy it though the open shower in the bedroom I have to admit wasn’t for me, but it was a nice hotel - we only had breakfast but it was good and I would consider staying again

Date of stay: July 2018
3  Thank ladyh2015
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

I spent the night in The Green House recently and absolutely loved it. The whole hotel is eco friendly! It’s extremely clean and the staff are lovely.

The rooms are really nice with a very comfortable bed and lots of little touches such as an amenities box that contained items you wouldn’t normally find. Filtered water is available in the room (still and fizzy) along with biscuits. Fresh milk is given to you in a flask upon arrival.

Dinner in this hotel was outstanding, I would highly recommend the lamb!

My only reason for the 4 star is that breakfast was awful I’m sad to say. The sausages and bacon were like rubber and the poached eggs were really watery. Also beans aren’t served with a full English. Finally the toast was just warmed up bread. This definitely needs improving on.

Overall I would gladly stay here again, and look forward to doing so soon!

Trip type: Travelled on business