“Heaven on a plate”

Price range: US$11 - US$33
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Piccola Italia is one of Bournemouth’s longest established restaurants. We first opened our doors in May 1981 with the simple idea of serving authentic Italian dishes using the finest ingredients. Whilst offering our customers great value for money, with an informal but efficient service in a warm and relaxed atmosphere. Our new style menu features an array of Cicchetti and Charcuterie Boards where you can order a number of dishes between your table and enjoy a selection of different tastes in one sitting washed down with good wine, beer or even a cocktail. Followed by your favourite stone-baked pizza or pasta dishes. Using the best of modern and traditional Italian flavours we strive to create simple and bold inspired dishes. Cicchetti quite simply means small snack in Italian, why not pop in and enjoy one cicchetto with a glass of wine or a few cicchetti with friends and maybe a bottle of wine.
Reviewed March 3, 2017

My wife and I went to Bournemouth for the weekend to celebrate my birthday. We both enjoy Italian food and found that La Piccola restaurant was just round the corner. I booked a table faitly late in the day and it was good job I did. It was full. My wife had chicken livers for starters and I had minestrone. Absolutely beautiful. The main course was ravioli Melanzane ( stuffed with aubergines and ricotta), and fettuccine Gamberi ( pasta ribbons with tiger prawns and courgettes in a chilli cream sauce) excellent.
The service was excellent, the ambiance lovely, the food was served up piping hot and the costs were very reasonable.

Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

Great Italian meal - lots of choice, including gluten free and very reasonably priced. Would really recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Jayne N
Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful little Italian restaurant, the staff are attentive but not over bearing. The pizza is classic Italian and delicious.
The manager recommended a pasta dish and I was not dissappointed, beautiful walnut stuffing in fresh ravioli smothered in a thick cheese sauce, delicately sprinkled with pine nuts. So tasty but I was too full to finish it. A waitress kindly offered to give me a doggy bag so it didn't go to waste.
Very reasonably priced too. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 23, 2017

Very nice restaurant. Family run feel to the place. Helpful and charming stuff. Good food. Mini desserts a good idea. Recommend it to anyone and would go again.

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

A lovely meal and the staff couldn't do enough for us. I thoroughly recommend the chicken liver starter...but a huge menu. Excellent