All reviews indoor pool coach party weekend break power shower lovely hotel an update single room waiting staff bournemouth pier full english the cliff evening meal sea front sauna tlc
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Cold shower/sink, dusty room, blood under the toilet seat, very dated rooms and ok(ish) breakfast. Regards to the cold shower I complained to the reception and her reply was maybe wait 15mins? (the boiler is not suitable to feed a large hotel)

Positives - staff were friendly and close to the beach.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
NickJLane, General Manager at Hinton Firs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Dear Dave C

I am so sorry that the standard of housekeeping was not up to its normal standard. I will be speaking to the team to make sure this is rectified. We will be continuing our refurbishment in the near future to update more of our rooms, and bring them up to standard. Unfortunately we could not do them all in one go.

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

We were lucky enough that this hotel was available for us to have our Daughters wedding reception at.
I honestly can’t praise everyone highly enough, especially the amazing management team (Nick you are one in a million).
Everything from the initial meeting to the morning after was made effortless for us.
It was a perfect dream come true for the Bride and Groom too.
The food was outstanding and everyone was served so quickly, we were extremely impressed.
The Chef also needs his own thank you for sourcing the best Boerewors for our South African roots. Plus the rest of the food, as mentioned was beyond perfect.
I can’t recommend this hotel highly enough, whether it’s a night away or a full wedding reception, The Hinton Firs is perfect.
Thank you again everyone.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jo G
NickJLane, General Manager at Hinton Firs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dearest Jo G.

Thank you so much for the kind words. You neglect to say about all the wonderful hard work that you put in, as well as the happy couple. I personally think it was a good team effort. I am so glad that they enjoyed their day, as they really are the perfect couple.

May I say how much fun it was working along side you to get things just right for them. I am very grateful for you and Lauren having the imagination on that 1st meeting to see the potential in our little hotel, and see that it would work for what you wanted.

On behalf of all the staff, we wish them all the very best for their future together. Please pass on our regards to everyone.

Reviewed August 23, 2018

We were gutted we had to cancel our booking due to illness. We contacted Booking.com to try and get a partial cancellation refund. This was turned down so we lost the £140 cancellation fee. We did want to stay at this hotel as have family we visit. Sadly we won't book again. Please check if there's a cancellation fee most places don't charge.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear HellyB777

I am so sorry, about your illness, hope you are now feeling better. I would ask you to contact me directly at the hotel (01202 555409) the next time you wish to come to the area to visit family and I will try and make up for the loss you suffered this time.

I agree with you people should always check the cancellation policies in the terms and conditions when using booking agents / 3rd parties.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Would not recommend this hotel for the price. Unfortunately they are thriving off people paying the high price, then complaining but they have already paid so there is nothing that can be done.
Very busy hotel in the corridors and the bottom floor with the staff but not great service.
Rooms are VERY basic and I would describe it more of a hostel.
No amenities in the room and a half bottle given when requested...by going down to reception in a towel.
Such a shame as it has a lot of potential in that location! Stay at the Orchid Hotel round the corner and save your money, get what you pay for!

Date of stay: February 2018

Dear Jessica A

So sorry you feel that we are not good value for money, and that other hotels are better value. I am very sure you will find that the Orchid Hotel is more often than not a lot more expensive than we are. I would agree that the rooms are basic as they include hair drys, Tv's, free tea and coffee making facilities, direct dial phones, personal safe's, fan's. All of the main items one needs of a stay. No we don't have mini bars, and butlers... What more is there!

The hostels I have stayed in certainly don't have indoor heated swimming Pools, saunas and Jacuzzi...

Reception is contactable by ringing 0 from any of our rooms, pity you didn't take time to read the guest information in the room!

We do address any problems straight away when they are brought to attention. Pity you didn't.

I get the feeling you really wanted a four or five star hotel, but like you say "Get what you pay for"

Sorry you don't like us. Lots of people do.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Fairly old hotel so don't stay here if your expecting something modern. Staff were super friendly & would do anything to help. Breakfast was nice. Indoor pool was lovely & warm but was in need of updating . Over all I only had bed & breakfast here as was in another hotel for a wedding during the day & in to the evening but if I visited Bournemouth again I think I'd stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
NickJLane, General Manager at Hinton Firs Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Good Morning Susan R

We are a fairly old hotel, and definitely not a modern all singing all dancing type of place. We consider ourselves as traditional in many ways. I am glad you liked the indoor pool, I take on board your comment about a bit of an update. I am sorry you feel you would not stay with us again as I feel once we have completed our refurbishments you would have see a difference. But I respect your choice and we we wish you well. I hope the wedding you attended went well despite the slightly bad weather at the weekend.

Thank you for your time to comment.