Have just stayed here for 2 nights over the Jubilee weekend and have no complaints. It's clean, the staff are really pleasant, and it's within a short walk of the town centre and the seafront so it was all we wanted for a short break. We stayed on a b&b basis, so can only comment on the food quality at breakfast, which was fine, cereals, tea, toast, English breakfast etc. I don't eat fried stuff so I only had porridge and toast although everyone else seemed happy with their full English ! The only thing I didn't like was that I do like my toast to be 'toasted' and crisp. I suspect the bread only had a quick peep at the toaster, and you had to look hard to find any toasted bits!
We did go into the town evenings as the hotel bar wasn't very lively and like most sea-side hotels tends to attract older clientele, but the bar seemed ok if you wanted a peaceful drink before retiring for the night.
Our bedroom was compact, but had everything we needed including a hairdryer and iron/board so was ideal for a couple of nights. We could hear a bit of noise from a party in the function room but it didn't go on too late so didn't disturb our sleep at all.
Overall it was good value for money and I would have no hesitation in staying here again and the lovely man in reception will be happy to know that Douglas the bear is in total agreement !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This delightful Victorian building is quietly situated in over an acre of grounds and gardens, yet within easy walking distance of all local attractions. New Westcliff Hotel has 53 en-suite bedrooms all of which have been beautifully refurbished to include colour televisions, tea and coffee making facilities, direct dial telephones, trouser presses, irons and hairdryers. Lift serves all floors. The hotel is open all year, not only to be enjoyed in those warm and hazy days of the summer. With our wonderful, much-envied facilities, we also make the ideal winter retreat for the weekend or mid-week break away. Our aim is to provide comfort in a tasteful yet relaxed environment. Our guests say it is our friendly atmosphere and sense of fun that brings them time after time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your New Westcliff Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Westcliff Bournemouth
- Hotel New Westcliff
- Bournemouth Hotel New Westcliff
- Bournemouth Hotel Westcliff