“A Very Enjoyable Christmas”
Review of Elstead Hotel

Elstead Hotel
Ranked #20 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Welcoming staff and a very hard working manager, Graham, ensured our stay over Christmas was thoroughly enjoyable. Good value for money, good food and welcoming entertainment even if I was the fairy!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Graham P, General Manager at Elstead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Dear TedFeather. thank you for your kind words on tripadvisor and for taking the trouble to post. It was great to see our guests enjoying themselves. All our team worked hard and I am pleased that this has resulted in an enjoyable stay. We sincerely hope to see you again in 2012. Have a great new Year. Graham

Reviewed 1 January 2012

just spent our first chritmas away at the Elstead and have to say it was excellent.The food was superb and graham the manager has a great team working with him. There was something going on at regular intervals during our stay and it felt like home from home. this hotel is worthy of more than 3 stars!!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Dear Barb. Thank you for taking the trouble to post your kind comments. Christmas time kept us all busy but it is worth the effort when we receive great feedback. Have a happy New Year and we hope to see you again next Christmas if not before. Graham

Reviewed 8 December 2011

I stayed at the Elstead from 3rd for three nights with my grown up son, we both had very pleasant rooms,the food was superb at breakfast, and in the bar. The staff were all very attentive especially Heather in reception. I first stayed nearly forty years ago and can truthfully say the good old fashioned service survives, great seeing many long serving staff. The gym and pool which my son used are superb!

2  Thank barneyc45
Graham P, Manager at Elstead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Dear Patricia. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I have passed your kind comments to Heather and the team and hope to see you again in the New Year

Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed for 2 nights last weekend to celebrate my 50th birthday. We had a warm welcome from all the staff, and have no complaints about the way we looked after. The room was quite warm but was easily sorted by opening the window a little. The breakfast was wonderful....everything we needed.....and we had a bar meal on the second night which was lovely. The pool and leisure facilities were very good ,and overall we had a great stay...we will definately go back .

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine J
Graham P, General Manager at Elstead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2011

Dear Lorraine J. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our teams welcome. They are committed to looking after all our guests and I am delighted this dedication has helped to make sure you had a memorable 50th birthday with us. We hope to welcome you back for your 51st!. Kind regards. Graham

Reviewed 22 November 2011

This was the first time my wife and I had stayed in this hotel, and we picked it from the reviews of other people. We booked bed and breakfast for three nights at the special price of £187.

The twin room was large and comfortable, with a clean and pleasant bathroom. One small complaint though. First thing in the morning the hot water not very hot but improved later in the day? The breakfast was buffet style and adequate with pleasant staff and good choice.

We did not use the pool, but inspected the facilities and they looked first class.

Overall no complaints, but maybe the hotel could do with uplifting its decor?

Would we stay here again, possibly if they are offering the same rates?

Mature couple

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I've just come back from a one night stay at this hotel. My two girls were with me age 5 and 7 years.
Plus points, some pleasant staff, good size clean room although very dated. Small to medium size pool, but a little cold.
I checked in with reception, but on entering my room it was not ready. Due to an allergy I called and asked a few days before that there are no feathers in the pillows or duvet in the room. I always check and good job I did, they had ignored my request even though it was on their paperwork. The beds are so uncomfortable, my 5 year old found it that bad she couldn't sleep and ended up sleeping on the sofa, if there was another sofa I think I would have joined her. The pillows are very thin and only one per bed. No duvet just a sheet and a wool type blanket. All the radiators were turned off, but the heat in the room was just about bearable. I would have opened a window to cool the room but the mechanism was too hard to move. Bathroom again dated but clean, but the shower was dreadful, the pressure not high enough, just a trickle coming out. I didn't dare wash my hair the shampoo wouldn't have come out.
Lunch in the bar was basic and overpriced, the quality was poor, breakfast was better. There was a lovely waiter at breakfast that made the dining a much better experience.
Unfortunately a member of staff apologised to a hotel guest that there were children staying in the hotel. The staff member said that it was very unusual because it was not half term and that they didn't understand why children were staying there.
Note to management, children don't have to be off from school to stay on a weekend. Made to feel very unwelcome, I paid £69 for B&B for the three of us. We will defiantly not be staying again. There is so much choice in Bournemouth, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Azcoat
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Our Lodge had a wonderful weekend at The Elstead Hotel between 29 September and 2nd October 2011. the events Manager as a first port of call was very professional in the organisation of the whole weekend. The food was excellent, the service was second to none and the whole attitude of all the members of staff was outstanding. From the moment we arrived a young lady working behind the bar was attentive and efficient in helping us unload our car and transporting all of our belongings to our room. I would advise any Masonic Lodge or similar society to seriously consider this hotel as a future venue. On a personal note I will be statying at The Elstead again as my wife and I had such a wonderfully relaxing visit.

Room Tip: If you like a four poster bed choose room 124! The hotel also have excellent disabled facilities as...