All reviews david bailey drawing room silver service afternoon tea overlooking the sea sunday lunch traditional hotel wedding venue scones wedding breakfast cream tea lovely hotel restaurant manager car park the cliff air show waiting staff
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

The location of the hotel is great for views over the coast. It is a 10 minute walk down a path to the beach and pier.
The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly. The decor is quite dated, and the lounge/bar and bedrooms could do with a some updating.
The rooms in the first floor have great views of the coast. See photos
We had a room service dinner which was good but service charge is £4.50 per visit which is excessive.

It was a good stopover in Bournemouth before the ferry from pool in the morning with was a 20 minute drive.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jerseydenyse
MiramarBournemouth, Reservations Manager at Hotel Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We are starting our redecoration of our bedrooms in November and we hope to welcome you back again to see the improvements.

Regards,
Lucy Bright

Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

Arrived late following party , most welcome and courteous reception who seamlessly doubled up as barman !
Clean , spacious ‘ old style ‘ hotel beautifully positioned amongst pine trees . Large , well equipped rooms . Excellent !

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Londonfvh
Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

Been coming here 20 years but not in the last three years when David was in charge of management. Parking is now charged to
Guests! Bournemouth is known for extortionate parking fees and the Miramar have taken advantage of this. Room service £4.50 for a cup of tea cost me more than the tea itself. I ordered a cheese and onion sandwich quite tasty but decided I would like pickle with it. No problem but a dessertspoon it was definitely no more than that this cost me £1.75.
I have been ill and came to recuperate Receptionists are cold including the male and unhelpful they wear no names either
. I waited half hour one evening after my main course I asked for a dessert menu and was told there are other couples waiting. I left the dining room no one offered perhaps I could eat it in my room. Room service breakfast although food was good they forgot my toast and fruit juice. The ifire alarm is tested at 9.30 am not everyone is up I wasn’t I’m resting on holiday. My lamp light literally blew to pieces on my bedroom side table which splintered into a glass of wine. I took it down to reception and male management (no names on their clothes) did not take me seriously. They changed the bulb I explained this wasn’t what it needed. The actual lamp had burnt sparked and banged. Not an apology even though it frightened me the Lamp has broken as they discovered, reply these things happen. I consider it dangerous but a lady alone is often invisible.
The carpets need changing my mattress had stains on it. The furnishings are old and tatty and the paintwork in need of repainting. Past guests have got used to these old furnishings and don’t appear to expect anything different
The saving grace for The Miramar as far as I’m concerned is the pleasant terrace the dining room and well kept public areas. What goes on behind closed doors the noisy showers and old televisions is another matter. My room £ 120 for room only was not worth it. Remember eleven o’clock throw our time which never gives one 24 hours of accommodation a few years ago it was midday. My weekly stay was sad really and I would not wish to return under the same general management again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank doccog
Reviewed October 17, 2018

With my 80th birthday approaching I contacted Marcin the Operations manager at the Miramar Hotel and he could not have been more helpful - it was decided that my 15 guests would have the Sunday lunch in the Oak Room and it was perfect.
All my guests were in praise of the food and also the service was excellent, Marcin and his staff made my 80th a perfect day, thankyou so much.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank keithscud
Reviewed October 16, 2018

Hotels like this were once a delight to stay in. By the sea, fresh fish, happy staff, accommodating and generally an enjoyable and not too pricey option. The problem is many haven't moved with the times and this hotle is evident of that. The staff are nice but a bit dimissive, the food is very average and the fish was so over cooked it sticks to the roof of your mouth. The breakfast selection was good but not to a high standard. The rooms were clean but there was terrential rain causing the leaky gutter to make an extremely loud noise all day and all night. The hotel is in a good location with good parking but I would not stay again. The premier Inn was a third of the price and I think you were more likely to get what you paid for!

• Trip type: Travelled with family