“Short break”

Ranked #42 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Short break”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Do not let the negative reviews put you off staying at this hotel. We found it clean. Day rooms available to relax and read newspapers, equipped with comfy settees Lift available. Staff helpful, waiters/waitresses attentive. Food good, location great for access to the beach and town. Swimming pool ideal and entertainment excellent. There are creaky floorboards, but hardly worth mentioning as all the pluses more than compensate for this minor inconvenience.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank morfa1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Had an excellent welcome by the manager. He upgraded my room on arrival. I contacted them with my booking directly, rather than go through laterooms, hotel.com etc. My room was great, large and very clean. This hotel has a small indoor pool and other leisure facilities, free parking and breakfast inc which was excellent.There was also some entertainment at the hotel on the night that I stayed, which was unusual for a Wednesday night in February.
I found the staff very attentative. Would certainly stay again at the rate I paid. The location is great; close to the promenade and Bournemouth BIC.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank ollypip
South West England
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This hotel is in Bournmouth , Dorset ,last time i looked thats in England so its odd that none of the staff could explane to me why we could not drink the water out of the cold tap in our bathroom ! Our double bed was actually more like a large single , which was"nt really a problem as the radiator doing a very good impression of a small jet taking off through most of the night meant sleep was not really an option,never mind on to breakfast where the girl dishing up the traditional English made me feel very guilty for enquiring about the location of the missing sausages , they arrived just as we were leaving , well i hope they have a better stay thean we did . The location of this hotel could make it a useful place to stay for the BIC or the sea side however the hotel and some of the staff need to raise there game.

Room Tip: ones at the front noisey from road , ones at the back noisey from large amount of drunk people leavi...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hammer56

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Rooms clean and comfortable. Staff friendly and helpful especially as I had recently suffered a fracture on my arm. Food excellent thanks to Eugene and his team (did put on 7 pound in 4 days) and good selection. Good organisation by Catering Manager, wife and team especially as serving 150+ meals at a time. Would definately stay again. The hotel is on a steep hill from the town centre but can access through the car park which cuts out half the hill.

Room Tip: We had room 219 and my mum and dad 218 - both had a double and single beds even though requested twi...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Jodie48
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 December 2011

stayed here for a week in the trouville hotel and adjacent trouville lodge much prefered to stay in the lodge its almost like a large house with its own private rooms and ensuite was a fairly good stay however the customer service was not fantastic somone became ill one night i called reception to arrange an ambulance and the night guy didnt understand what i meant by call 999 other than that the facilities are fantastic and the prices are not to bad

Room Tip: stay at the lodge rather than in the hotel itself its much quieter and modern in comparison to being...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I got recommended this hotel my a family member for my partners birthday. I was told that it was at good standard and we was going to get looked after as a family member new a worker there ! When we arrived the reception area was very nice and staff were friendly but when we got to our room bathroom was nice but the room was very old fashioned. we checked out the window we noticed mould all over them we asked at reception to move rooms as we was not happy with the standard and they were fully booked the best they could do was send a cleaner up which never arrived and I had to clean it myslf so wasn't a good start ! Then my partner went to get the bags from car he got stuck in the lift , the beds were arwfull matress was so bumpy , there was some foreigners running round and banging on doors all night, we had the worse 2nights sleep ever we were looking forward to going home to our bed :-( the last day we stayed there we went down for breakfast we had nowere to sit we were told to wait. Finally when we did sit down the we went and fetched a breakfast we had to ask the staff for toast n coffee by the time he'd brought it over I'd eaten my breakfast as he took him 20mins ! I was so upset n disapointed with a our stay here specially since a family member arranged it and said we would get looked after, it was suppose to be a fun nice relaxing holiday for my partners bday and it was just a big let down :-( I wouldn't ever stay here again ! I got a discount on the price 70pound a night and I'd class a travel lodge for 35pound a lot more better value ! Waste of money so upset !!!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank katie-ann22
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Hotel was clean but dated decor. the bar prices are good for an Hotel with helpful and friendly staff. Breakfast was okay but not the best, the evening meal portions was not great and the choice of sweets was limited. Nice break for a weekend away.

Room Tip: Dont have the room over the pool as the air conditioning unit is loud when turned on.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends