“Reunion weekend”

Durley Grange Hotel
Ranked #33 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 7 May 2017

The staff exceptionally outstanding in the way hotel is managed can't praise them enough from the manageress to Sue whom look after us at breakfast and evening meal nothing was too trouble, about twenty of us in our group.
We had a twin room (medium size) at the front of the hotel (floor 2) neat and tidy well decorated clean.
The food was appetising excellent with varying menu each day i and colleagues loved the food here.
Tea coffee making available, small wardrobe though enough for us to keep our kit in
Bath and shower very hot water tad temperamental ok once I worked how these taps work (unusual) usual requisite.
I and my colleagues like the hotel the friendly atmosphere.
On the downside some parts are need of revamping carpets along hallways are showing their age..
I will say the reunion was held three years ago it was brilliant then and we will back again for the delights of Durley Manor Hotel thank you all there.

Room Tip: Not really sure possibly quieter at the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

I know £36 is an absolute bargain for a night away but I'm really sorry Durley Grange you need to close down and have a revamp!
Emma on reception is fantastic and a lovely lady cleaning our room. The rest of the staff are miserable and make it clear they would rather be somewhere else.
A few other points that warranted the 1 star:
Loud slamming doors
Boiling hot
Mattress shocking
Music from downstairs on till late
Doors slam
Walls this so you can hear everything
Hairs on bathroom floor

I didn't expect much for 36 pounds but a good night's sleep should of happened when we just couldn't sleep due to noise.

We had to leave at 4am and the night porter wasn't impressed and we had to walk through the hotel in the dark! I nearly tripped up!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped at Durley Grange hotel last night, we were greeted by friendly staff on the desk.
The rooms were fine for a one night stay, just what you need nice and clean and very warm.
We booked for breakfast which was perfect full English was lovely and came out nice and hot.
Will definitely stop here again if we visit Bournemouth in the future

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 25 April 2017

I could not recommend this hotel highly enough. The service we received from start to finish (even prior to arriving) was A*!!

I had booked this for a very cheap price for 2 nights via booking.com, and was unsure what to expect, although I had read many good reviews.

I spoke with Emma several times on the phone prior to our arrival to arrange parking-which is only £10 for 24 hours, and being so close to town and the sea front I would highly recommend-we walked everywhere!

I also arranged with Emma for a birthday balloon and champagne to be in the room on arrival as it was my fiances birthday. Emma and her team did a fab job-we arrived to birthday banners on the door, and inside as well as a balloon and champagne on ice! My fiance was really surprised and very happy!

Emma and other staff greeted us every day and always wanted to see how our day had been and wanted to help out in any way they could. On our last night we spent a little time in the hotel bar which was also really enjoyable (and very reasonably priced).

The room was clean and cleaned daily, the bed was comfy and all facilitates worked well.

If we plan another trip to Bournemouth we will be sure to stay here again.
Thanks Emma and Team-amazing stay x

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rosie C
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

My self and a few others stayed here at the Durley Grange Hotel on the 1-4/17 to the 2-4-17. The staff when we arrived were just amazing. The lady was so friendly and very knowledgable and bubbly which I like when I go to Hotels - made the stay enjoyable.

The lady joined in joking with us around, which I found so nice for the staff to join in. Not on the night out of course. Can't remember the name. Emma I believe. Once we got to the rooms they were spotless and very lovely beds too.

We came back around 4 am. Drunk out of our head but it was a Saturday night in Bournemouth so would be rude not to LOL. Staff were friendly and on hand to open door.

Over all good stay and would tell people to stay here. Found my perfect hotel in Bournemouth !!

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank Travelbug217JR
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Stayed here for 4 nights. Very friendly staff, clean hotel. Close to the beach and town centre.

The room was smaller than what we are used to, but we always left early in the morning and returned late in the evening, so it didn't matter too much. The room was quiet. Despite many families with children staying at the hotel we could barely hear any noise after closing the door. I would have welcomed a bigger bathroom, but again it was OK for a few days.
The hotel charges £10 per person for breakfast what is a bit too much, so we didn't pay for it and chose to get our own breakfast from a supermarket.

There is a pool (we didn't use it) and I think a sauna too.

Overall nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

So after finding this hotel at a discount rate of £120 per night we thought we couldn't go wrong. But after arriving after a long evening of traveling we found that there was no sufficient parking on site so we carried our belongings from the nearest car park, on arriving we spoke to reception which took a further 15 minutes because they couldn't find our booking, I walked around the reception whilst waiting, looking at a glass cabinet of unpolished, dirty jewellery for sale which was clearly things that were left behind by other previous guests. Eventually we got our key and continued up the very uneven stairs. When we got up to our room I couldn't help but let out a nervous laugh, it looked like a storage room! One double bed in the middle with a single bed against the wall. A tiny television set cramped up upon a desk with pealing chip board. Floorboards creaked very loudly and moved beneath me. Very dated with a bathroom door which would not shut due to floor coming up due to moisture but worse was the mildue surrounding the broken tiles. All in all I've paid 70% less for immaculate to places before and would definitely not recommend.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple