“Family Weekend”

Durley Grange Hotel
Ranked #35 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Emma and the staff, as always, made us feel very welcome even though there were 30 of us in the family group and our age range was 13 weeks to 86 years. The hotel is comfortable and clean, and the food in the restaurant was very good. Again, catering for 30 of us, and the age range could not have been easy, but there was something on the menu for everyone and we all enjoyed it. We all enjoyed time in the pool.

Room Tip: The hotel has rooms to cater from singles to family of 6 for our group, everyone was comfortable and...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine3012

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is amazing, basically my 2nd home. We always same rooms, as they are great, we are back there is October and then Xmas. I often call in to say hi. I keep meaning to start going there to use swimming pool. I went there on my birthday with friends, I got a lovely surprise, bottle of bubbly on table and banners, then I got tray of cupcakes, plus pressies. Great day. I know we have been going hotel 14yrs as yesterday was my anniversary we even had our honeymoon there. The staff cannot do enough for us.
I cannot abide people that complain for no apparent reason. Food is smashing, you get so much choice, at times too many choices. We just love going to Durley Grange, will never stop.!!!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Some times I find it quite difficult to write an objective TripAdvisor review if I feel the business in question has been particularly terrible. Mostly in this instance I don't
bother. However I feel I must in this instance.
Firstly Emma, Ivan, Sue and the staff at the Durley Grange are polite, friendly and kind hearted and strive to offer a good service. This is however where my praise for the hotel ceases. If any one reads my reviews you will see I travel quite a lot and in a range of hotels, so this is by no means someone writing a review having only stayed in 5* hotels and not understanding the limitations of 3*

Nothing in this hotel could be considered anything but appalling. The quality of the food is without doubt the worst I have ever experienced anywhere ever. The mattress was the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on. The pool area is dirty and frankly unhygienic with dirty tiles, hair on the floor, filthy windows, rusty lights and dirt at the bottom of the jacuzzi. The quality of the room clean dreadful. In all, this is a hotel stuck in the early 1980s in every aspect and for what you get it is disgracefully colossally expensive.

It is as if no one in the business has looked at the decor, design or ambiance of a modern hotel of whatever star grading or has any expectation of what a modern traveller expects. I do realise that this hotel receives 5 star ratings and very positive reviews. I can only imagine it is from repeat customers who have not noticed the deterioration over time or ( and of course here is the problem with TA) from people who have in some way not experienced better.

If I was the person handing out star ratings I would struggle to give it 1*. It could with thought, care and money still be a nice hotel. But not currently!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank guyartall
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Went for a weeks holiday in August, hotel is clean with very friendly staff, our family room could have done with a re paint, but overall very nice , the food is great with a good selection , and staff very accommodating for the kids tastes etc, hotel is pretty central in Bournemouth, probably 10-15 minute walk to town, and close enough to walk to the beach which is good , would stay there again, make use of over spill car park, as it is quieter than the hotel one which can get full !

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Booked here at last minute last weekend (air show) room was on top floor, clean, tidy, every thing we needed, comfortable but noisy bed, breakfast was awesome, all the staff are amazing nothing is to much trouble. Nice location everything you need, Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Through TripAdvisor we booked a 3 night break at the Durley Grange Hotel
We arrived soon after 3-00 pm and were welcomed at reception to be told our room was available
Although the room was small it was clean and tidy with an ensuite bathroom
The car park is small and very crowded
The staff were very helpful and the breakfast was excellent
The swimming pool is quite small but the jacuzzi was neither warm nor functioning correctly,however the Sauna was very good
Overall the Hotel staff tried hard but we felt that the Hotel itself needs updating

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank O1145DTrons
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely hotel with friendly staff. Breakfast was very good and catered for my gluten intolerance issues. Easy walk to the beach to watch the airshow took us about 10 mins. Would recommend this hotel and will hopefully be coming back nect year.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family