All reviews games room indoor swimming pool bit dated budget hotel town centre double bed friendly hotel short break poole seafront
Reviewed October 10, 2016 via mobile

We stayed in a family room for one night.

Firstly, the staff are lovely, very friendly and helpful. They are they best part of this hotel.

The room was an OK size for a family of 4. The bathroom was a decent size, just a shame there was only a shower not a bath. As it was only one night it wasn't too much of an issue, but had we stayed longer it would of been a bit tricky to shower our baby! The room was dated, but was clean and beds comfy. The room was so unbelievably hot, even with 3 windows open. It did feel like we were in the middle of a heat wave.

As we had to sleep with the windows open, the noise was awful and kept us all awake till the early hours. It wasn't the road noise, that is unavoidable but also not so bad, more the inconsiderate guests arriving back drunk at all hours, thinking it's OK to have arguments out side the entrance, throwing up, running around the hotel grounds and generally being loud. I think this continued until around 3am. Whilst I understand that it isn't the hotels fault, perhaps a reminder in the rooms to be respectful of others when returning after a night out. Or a word from reception to keep the noise down perhaps.

Breakfast was nice enough, not the best, but not the worst I've had.

Overall, it was OK. We would probably not return, unless we were really stuck for somewhere to stay. It's a shame as the staff are brilliant. Just a bit of updating and modernisation and it could be a really nice place to stay.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2016 via mobile

Although the hotel is a bit dated for the price we had a clean room and very good breakfast. The staff at breakfast were very polite and helpful. Not a buffet style you order which suited me. No long queues for coffee. My bed was hard but wherever you go the bed is rarely to your liking. A 10 minute walk into Bournemouth and a £5 taxi ride back.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2016

Only stayed for one night & agree its not only dated, but based on our room , needs some repair work. Two ceiling lights only one that worked, shower head that just about worked but the actual shower just about to fall off the wall. The extractor fan in the bathroom looked like it was installed in the 70's & had the dirt & dust to prove it. The grouting around the bath had large gaps
Also the whole Hotel was so hot had to sleep with windows open which gave a lot of road noise. Not sure if they always keep it this hot ?.
Its I bit cheaper than some other Hotels but no reason simple & cheap repairs cannot be done.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VegasJ29
Reviewed September 28, 2016

We traveled as a family consisting of 3 generations. We all had a great time.
We totally agree with a previous reviewer and also love the ambiance at the Laguna.
The staff and family are so helpful. The waiters are so pleasant and provide a great service.The food is always tasty and plentiful. The children loved the indoor heated pool and used it everyday. The entertainment was good consisting of singers ,keyboard players, bingo and quizzes. The rooms we have stayed in have always been very clean. The location is also very good. You can get to the shops and beach easily through the lovely gardens in 10 minutes. It is dated but we like it. I don't really know what some people expect.. Luxury or contemprorary hotels cost so much more and haven't usually got the same friendly relaxed atmosphere. Well done to all at the Laguna. Already booked for next year.

Room Tip: We prefer the apartments as more rfoom for the children.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2016

I just love the ambience,the old world charm, it's location, the friendly staff. The food, the gardens, I can't fault it. I would stay there again. If there is, was a down side I didn't experience it. Management are approachable, any problems with the room, instantly fixed. I like prefer in 1 of the annexes, that is personal preference.

Room Tip: Try to get into 1 of the annexe buildings.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo