All reviews beans on toast lovely hotel full english comfortable beds bay window town centre a great stay free car park family room single room clean hotel would highly recommend this hotel minute walk to the beach two nights visit bournemouth breakfast room breakfast was excellent
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

We visited Bournemouth for two nights over the weekend with our 3 year old son and stayed at the Applewood Hotel.

The hotel is ideally located with short walking distance from the beach and town centre.

The hotel staff were wonderful. Friendly, helpful and very engaging with our young son, who loved the toys available to play with and trampoline in the beautiful garden.

Breakfast was lovely and well worth treating yourself too. Our Room was also great - Well sized, clean and with excellent facilities.

Overall, I can only praise the hotel and advise next time we visit Bournemouth we know exactly where we will be staying.

Kind Regards,

Joe.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Tien-and-Charlene, Owner at Applewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2018

Dear Joe, thank you for your kind and detailed review. It’s always nice to hear when guests have a great experience. Please do visit us again soon. Best regards

Reviewed May 16, 2018

I felt like I was in the middle of a big town,but in a 'homely envoirenment' !
The staff were lovely from the minute I checked in until the minute I left
I've stayed in big and small hotels around the world for 35 years working on the European Golf Tour and this is one of the nicest places I've stayed.
I'm going to make an excuse to come back to Bournemouth just to stay here !

Room tip: I can't fault anything about this hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Robin, thank you for your lovely review and such kind words. It was a pleasure having you and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here last year with the family and we all loved it. Spotlessly clean and tidy with lovely rooms.

The staff are very friendly and helpful and there is a great garden space outside for the kids to play in if needed.

You cross two roads and your at the beach with the most fantastic coastline views.

Breakfast is extra and delicious the poached eggs are fantastic.

I loved it here so much I now stay for business trips.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Tien-and-Charlene, Owner at Applewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Its lovely to hear from guests, especially returning guests. Many thanks

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

A really nice and neat hotel with excellent service. Bathrooms are really nice, partner found the matrass bit soft but thats personal i guess. We took the light breakfast which was excellent for the amount they charge. Short walking distance from city center and beaches.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Patricia, its great to know that you had a fab time and found everything to be excellent. See you soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

Superb value for money, great location (~5 mins drive max to beach front, pier, town centre, bars, restaurant etc. 2 mins walk to some of the best restaurants in town too!) Staff were very accommodating and friendly and so helpful. Jana, front desk host, was extremely polite & kind. Spacious beds and clean bathrooms. ~£35pppn - can't go wrong! Bedrooms weren't majorly spacious but for the price and short stay, it was not an issue. Breakfast is only for an hour which wasn't ideal but various places on the beach front to grab breakfast / brunch. Free car parking available.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Amirtha A

Thank you for leaving your review. Please try our standard or superior rooms next time for extra space. We hope to welcome you back soon.