All reviews no lift night porter car park complimentary newspaper creaky floors high street lovely hotel honeymoon suite four poster bed third floor courtyard room bottled water lovely room eggs benedict superior room full english family room
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

This is the first time I have stayed here and it was an absolute pleasure. The room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable, every member of staff I spoke to was smiling and genuinely friendly. Recommended!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Manager W, Manager at Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2018

Dear Peter A

Thank you for your lovely comments and recommendation. We look forward to giving you a warm welcome on your next visit.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

I was in town for business and needed a reasonably-priced bed for the night. It's a lovely old building and the staff team is really friendly. I was in a single room at the very top (not a problem for me, but no lift) which was small but had everything I needed...bar air conditioning in the midst of the heatwave! Breakfast was tasty with good ingredients. Would definitely stay there again, though perhaps in a larger room.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Manager W, Manager at Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Dear TartanHornplayer

Thank you for your lovely comments. We look forward to giving you a warm welcome on your next visit.

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Business trip in this area and needed a room. The reception, bar and dinning room are small but very nice and reasonable modern so great marks there.

The room was also a great surprise with plenty of space and a good sized on suite bathroom. I do have a couple of points I’d ask the management to consider:

Scrap the 90’s plugged in alarm clock with red numbers as in 2018 this just looks cheap and too bright for sleeping.

Please get a longer hose for the shower, the head can go higher but the hose is too short for the 6 ft plus person.

And sparking water is not for everyone. A bottle of still instead of sparking would have been great.

Very minor points and maybe I’m being picky but also easy to fix. That said I was very impressed.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Manager W, Manager at Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Dear Ollie000

Thank you for taking the time to rate the Wessex Royale Hotel so highly, your feedback is appreciated and your points noted. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 14, 2018

I don't get to stay in this hotel that often but I wish I did. The age of the building really shines through with every wall and corridor just slightly curved or off-square because it is so old, but only in a very good way! Full of character. I also have to give a name check to Caroline on reception as well who rushed around and sorted me out with food and parking when I arrived late at night, she was great.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear Rob E

Thank you for your lovely comments. Great to see you were well looked after by Caroline. We look forward to giving you a warm welcome on your next visit.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We came here as wedding guests. The food was fantastic. The service was impeccable. The whole day was magical. We really enjoyed everything. The drinks were reasonably priced too. we didn't stay here but wouldn't hesitate to.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Manager W, Manager at Best Western Wessex Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Dear Rock and Roll D

Thank you for your lovely comments. So glad the wedding went well and was enjoyed by everyone. We look forward to seeing you again.