“Lunch”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Very good sushi, freshly made. It’s good if you need to eat quickly as you can grab dishes off the conveyer belt. Hot food needs ordering, the soft shell crab is excellent. The hoisen duck roll is also very good, (see photo). The service was a little slow on this visit but I did get a readuced bill at the end so happy days

Date of visit: September 2018
Team-YO, Manager at Yo! Sushi - Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

We live to serve; hope to see you back at the belt soon! We hope to see you back soon. Thanks, Yo! Sushi - Brighton

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

I popped in for a quick lunch while at a nearby conference. What a mistake. I was seated by the door and ordered 2 hot dishes and a drink. It was fairly empty so I moved a few seats down which seemed to irritate the waiter. I gestured that id moved. 1 hot dish came but no drink. I told the waiter who said I couldn’t sit there because they were “closing the belt” and forced me to move back by the door. Meanwhile my food went cold and I still didn’t have my drink. Rather than help the waiter got really cross with me. I honestly was so taken aback I felt like bursting in to tears! I had no drink, the food was going cold and I’d been moved twice which he seemed to think was my fault! The place was soulless and miserable. The air con was leaking and leaving puddles of water on the tables. Nobody made things right, sympathised, apologised or offered any kind of money off. Food came, was ok, I ate and I left. It’s cheap, not cheerful and I won’t be back.

Date of visit: September 2018

Nashes_5, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around.
We would like an opportunity to make this up to you. If you are willing, please reach out to us at 01273 258711 so we can work towards a resolution. Kinds regards

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

The food is lovely and super fast! The staff are great, especially manager Jemela. I would definitely reccomend going there.

Date of visit: September 2018
Team-YO, Manager at Yo! Sushi - Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

YO Charliewheeler93 thanks for the awesome feedback, our teams really appreciate it! See you soon, have a great day!

Reviewed September 1, 2018

Seated quickly, table was poorly wiped down from previous diners, still had residue and water everywhere. Staff didn't seem bothered so we cleaned up with napkins.

Food was poor:
Squid had a really thick coating and you couldn't really tell it was squid anymore.
Vegetable tempura was greasy and unpleasant, nothing like a light crisp tempura should be.

My wife observed poor hygiene practice in the cooked food area with a 'chef' going straight from cleaning to food prep with no hand wash/sanitise in between.

Overall not an enjoyable experience, and I would not return. There are many pleasant, low cost places to eat in Brighton, this is not one of them.

Date of visit: September 2018
Team-YO, Manager at Yo! Sushi - Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a more positive experience with us at Yo! Sushi - Brighton. We would like the opportunity to find out how we can better assist you in the future. If you are willing, please contact us yo.brighton@yosushi.comat your earliest convenience.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Amazing lunch today. We couldn’t get enough!! Beautifully cooked fresh food. Absolutely delicious and despite it being a busy bank holiday Monday the chefs were amazingly chilled and professional. I would thoroughly recommend!

Date of visit: August 2018
Team-YO, Manager at Yo! Sushi - Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Fritha2018, thanks for stopping by Yo! Sushi - Brighton for your favourite food fix! Thanks, and have a great day!