“myhotel - what took me so long?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Bovingdon, United Kingdom
“myhotel - what took me so long?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I've had the myhotel group on my radar for ages but this was the first time I'd had the chance to stay in one of them. Located really centrally in Brighton - aim for Carluccios and you can't get lost. Great design and zingy colours -I upgraded to a superior room and had lots of clean, bright space to basically clutter up with the contents of my overnight bag. I think the design ethos was Freddie Mercury meets the Maharishi and it works!
Despite the central location it was quiet overnight - I live opposite a graveyard down a single track road - so when I talk about 'quiet' I have pretty high standards.
Myhotel in Brighton worked for me

Room Tip: Third floor rooms means you dont have anyone above you
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Polish first
Malvern, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Bit like staying the night on the movie set of Barberella. But quite fun and a little bit different. Some nice design points and different approaches to boring traditional hotels. Our room a "More superior" room was great but could have done with a King size bed but it was still very comfortable. Disappointing shower that was very weak and had a little mould in the shower area. The trouble with an all white room is that it does show every mark and there was some evidence that it was about time for someone to go around with the white emulsion again. All the staff were very friendly. The outside of the hotel looks a little grubby with some grafitti just outside but I would definitely stay again and we had a peak at one of the suites which looked dreamy.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a long weekend in Brighton and managed to book a superior double room at a fantastic early bird rate. We got so much in return! The room (and the hotel overall) looked very clean, unique, attractive and - never thought I would stay in a hotel which I could say that about - futuristic. It definitely felt like a lot more than just a place to sleep! The staff is very friendly, the Merkaba bar cocktails very nice (and how nice that you can order them all night!) and the location of the hotel (near the pier, the shops, the restaurants, the bars and a swimming pool) perfect. My boyfriend and I immediately agreed to never come to Brighton without staying in this hotel anymore! Thanks for the lovely experience, myHotel!

Room Tip: I don't think any room in this hotel could be unsatisfactory.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

I headed to My Hotel with my new partner for a weekend break in Brighton and had very high hopes. The website was fabulous and I wanted the weekend to be perfect. Check-in went well and I had organised roses for my partner. They were in the room as requested, but at £7.50 per head they should not have been the wilted roses that they were. The room is so sparsely decorated that it feels like a cell. Window blind broken. Neighbour played heavy metal music for 3 hours at full blast through room loudspeaker. It was not the experience I thought it would be. I would not check in again. Breakfast was great in the cafe off the lobby area. It was...disappointing.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

We booked a standard room in advance and managed to get a saver rate which worked out at less than half the usual rate. At this price it was fantastic value for money. The rooms were clean and very modern- colour changing lights, ipod sound system, flat screen tv, colour coordinated and interesting decor throughout etc. This is what made it for us. It was a great change of atmosphere and so much nicer than many of the outdated hotels on the Brighton seafront.

Ideally located in the North Laines, directly opposite a tesco metro and on the same street as a number of restaurants (YO!sushi, carluccios, wagamamas etc). 2 minute walk to the Royal Palace and the Brighton & Hove museum.

Beds were fairly small and there didn't seem to be a wardrobe, just hangers infront of a mirror. Not a problem for us as we only stayed one night but maybe more of a problem if staying for longer.

Didn't have many dealings with the staff but we checked in and out without any problems and our newspaper of choice was waiting outside the bedroom the next morning. Seems they were available if needed but didn't go OTT in offering their services - ideal for me.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend midweek, we booked in advance and paid a "saver rate". We had stayed the previous year.
On arrival, the staff are friendly and welcoming. I would strongly suggest to book car parking, parking in the NCPs near by is £25 for 24hrs, the hotel was £15 overnight.
The room we were given was a disabled room, although clean and comfortable, a little disappointed it was not the same as what we had last year. Unfortunately, there was an irritating clicking clicking in the wardrobe where a light was broken. Reception were very helpful and after 2 attempts to fix it, they swiftly moved us into a lovely room overlooking the square by the library.
The hotel is very close to the north laines and about 15 minute walk to the seafront.
I would certainly recommend to stay here.

• Stayed March 2012
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Went in here last night to have a look for relatives who are intending to stay here and wanted us to check it out. We have not stayed here i must stress, but we did have good look around and were shown a room by the very nice duty manager, Eleni i think her name was, and enquired about the facilities.

We saw a More Superior room which is the best one that they do. The room was functional, clean and well organised. There was no sound from outside at all. We saw a car drive past but didn't hear anything. It is cool and funky looking with colour coordination on every floor. The doors are also painted and it looks attractive. Not at all the bland generic hotel that many are. It had character. Standard rooms are smaller and the window doesn't look on to anything. I expect them to try and sell me the dearer rooms, that is business. You get what you pay for.

The staff were polite and friendly. The bar area is also very nice and do decent cocktails. They also have fish which are also on the numerous tellies, quite soothing to watch. We have been to this bar a few times so that should tell you something.

We liked it and recommended our relatives to stay here. They were also at pains to make it clear if we they were unhappy with noise or any aspect at all them to come and tell them immediately so they could try and fix it. I liked their attitude.

I have read some of the negative comments on here and they all sounded picky or just complaining about nothing. I really wouldn't pay them any mind.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family