“Great location”
Review of My Brighton

My Brighton
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We booked a room for the easter weekend and overall thought the hotel was good. The rooms were very clean and of a good size and the hotel is in a great location. I wouldn't say the hotel is good value for money as some of the fixtures and fittings were looking a little tired and some lights not working. Would stay again though due to location and good overall experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank edgeydt50
There are newer reviews for My Brighton

Reviewed 7 April 2012

The thing that will strike you about this hotel is the decor. High design input throughout.

Bar was very tastefully done and would recommend whether staying or just dropping in for a social drink. Bank of TVs behind bar. Submarine/ underwater feeling ... Jules Verne like

Room was 'shocking pink' ....

Room well designed, modern, comfortable, clean etc

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank W5WPH
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Just spent 2 nights at this fantastic hotel, with my wife and 16 month year old daughter. You wouldn't think it would be suitable for small children, but how wrong you would be. We chose a 'more superior' room and were pleased with the extra room and lovely view over Jubilee Square. The hotel is right in the middle of the Lanes, opposite a Tesco Express (minibar obviously pricey!), just by a Yo Sushi, Carluccios, Starbucks, usual obvious ones. But the coffee shop in the hotel was brilliant, some of the best coffee I have ever tasted, and great pastries for an easy breakfast. All staff were really helpful, friendly and not too cool as you get with some of these type of hotels. Didn't try the restaurant, but looked lovely. Make sure you book your parking, only about 15 spaces underneath, £15 a night not bad. Make sure you book this hotel, maybe a little pricey, but the location will make up for all of this, as well as the rooms, toiletries, staff and coffee!! Enjoy!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2012

All i want in a hotel is a comfy bed, decent bathroom, and a quiet environment. Myhotel brighton is slap bang in the middle of the newer development of the Laines, but though the Waggon and Horses did have a few rowdy customers, I had a great stay. the funky design of the room is not overwhelming (i was offered a choice of colours!) and oddly, the nicest bit was having a plant on the windowsill! Not a great view from my room (the wall of the next door building), but it was a really great base, slap in the middle of everything, to explore the city. right next to the Pavilion, five minute walk to the beach. Great coffee shop downstairs (could the hotel organise a discount for guests?), didn't try the bar or indian restaurant, but they looked good. My room came without a wardrobe, but there were hooks and hangers, and I was only there for three nights, so didn't have much kit to hang anyway. Lovely, friendly staff too!

Room Tip: rooms on the beach side will be quieter. Be aware standard doubles have no wardrobe space.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mazzoir
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I desperately wanted to love this hotel and I have wanted to stay here for ages. Sadly I was disappointed. I made a last minute booking and got a discounted room, had I paid full price I would have been extremely annoyed. The room was basic which is fine but the walls were marked and the paint had worn through in a couple of patches. There is a glass door between the room and the toilet with very large gaps top and bottom so you can hear everything. I may find my toilet noises funny but my girlfriend does not!! The television only had two working channels. The bed was extremely small and very uncomfortable we both had a very bad night’s sleep. I know I could have upgraded the room but I should not have to, a good hotels standard room should not be below par. There are positive points that you should consider. The décor is very funky and extremely cool, the bar is out of this world and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank selfseal
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My daughter and I really enjoyed our stay at My Hotel. The decor was fresh, light and modern; and the cocktail bar and cafe were excellent. My hotel is well located near the Pavillion and a short walk through the Lanes to the Pier and boardwalk along the seafront. I would certainly stay here again and recommend you to the hotel too!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor in a superior twin which had a lovely wall of windows and lookout.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Great location, although not so good if you are going to Brighton to see the sea. The hotel is right in the heart of the city, with restaurants, cafes and shops all really near by. the staff are outstanding and the rooms were a delight, minimalist but everything you needed. At last here is a hotel with a decent mini bar! There were a coople of downers however - there are no bedside lights, which was a shame and beware the windows!! They are very large and give great views, but are totally see through. The only way to ensure some privacy is to lower the blackout blinds, which defeats the object somewhat.
The bar serves great cocktails and has a nice atmosphere and breakfast was continental in the cafe, which was more than adequate.
All in all a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple