“What a Great Experience, thanks to Yan”
Review of Sam's of Brighton - CLOSED

Sam's of Brighton
Price range: US$15 - US$44
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located on Paston Place in the heart of Kemp Town village, Sam's of Brighton is a stone's throw from the Brighton Pier and the Marina. Sister restaurant to Sam's of Sevendials in the heart of Brighton, this chic and elegant family-owned bistro - with an understated neutral colour scheme, wooden floors and deco-inspired lamps - is popular with a fashionable local crowd. Sam's serves classic yet creative dishes made from the finest seasonal ingredients, and the restaurant's award-winning menu features favourites such as the Shetland rope-grown mussels with spiced coconut, vanilla, and red peppers; roast rabbit loin served with soft polenta and savoy cabbage; and the rice pudding with blood orange for dessert. Sam's also has an excellent selection of both old and new world wines, many available by the glass and carafe. Sam's of Brighton was voted "Runner Up BEST UK NEWCOMER" by the Harden's Guide 2010.
Reviewed October 27, 2015

I went to Sam's with a friend on a Friday evening.

We were warmly welcomed by Yan who pandered to our every needs even though he was the only person waiting that evening. It seemed that there was only Yan and a chef on site and yet Yan still did an amazing job.

He was friendly, warm and funny....all I could have asked for. The food was good but really my review is about the difference Yan made to our evening. I wonder if my review would have been as good if had not been working.

I will have to go back and try.

Well done Yan, sending lots of Kudos!

Reviewed September 9, 2015

I had an excellent flavoursome gazpacho, followed by sea bass, delicious roast vegetables, finishing with petit fours and liquorice tea. Wish I'd left room for the Sticky Toffee pudding. The service was extremely friendly and helpful but I understand when they're busy, that they can be a little understaffed. I didn't have to wait, experiencing the best service and I met the brilliant young chef, Bart. Hope I got his name right. Thank you Alex.

Reviewed September 3, 2015 via mobile

Booked a table for 8 45 and took a while to take our order but starter came quickly. I asked for a steak medium rare and when it came it looked like it was darker than i asked for. It wasn't enjoyable so i complained and got money off but was impressed. Lovely waiter though. Overall was an ok visit

Reviewed September 1, 2015 via mobile

Been wanting to visit Sam's for a while. We went there for a family Sunday lunch. The service really was pretty poor and the food mediocre- a real shame - will stick to 24 St George's which is the same price and far superior in terms of food and service.

Reviewed August 24, 2015 via mobile

Great food yummy steak I highly recommend the sticky toffee pudding with strawberry ice cream ! It took a long time to get our drinks though . Overall it was very good highly recommend

1  Thank romeydude